Island Princess dec 24 Panama Canal

sbkluvs2travel

We are a group of 11 some of us on our first cruise. We have looked into a private driver for Jamaica and some of the other ports and wonder if anyone has any recommendations in this area. Costa Rica we want to go to Arenal for the day and think it might give us more time if went privately. Also some of the other ports do not offer much with the Princess tours. Thanks.:)

We are a group of 11 some of us on our first cruise. We have looked into a private driver for Jamaica and some of the other ports and wonder if anyone has any recommendations in this area. Costa Rica we want to go to Arenal for the day and think it might give us more time if went privately. Also some of the other ports do not offer much with the Princess tours. Thanks.:)

What you need to do is go the ports of call board and ask there. thereis a costa riva board and also Jamaica.

Marilyn

What you need to do is go the ports of call board and ask there. thereis a costa riva board and also Jamaica.

Marilyn

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing as I read the OP question. Get on that board and you'll get lots of advice.

Be careful of the private cars and understand that if they are late getting you back - you are in for a long swim.

Last year, on a full transit cruise on the Island, I took Princess' Arenal spa excursion. No time was wasted, really. Its a very long drive up there and I believe they took the most direct route. Its about a 3 hrs ride each way. We did stop 1/2 way on each leg, at a gift and coffee shop to give people a chance to stretch their legs and use the "facilities". Even in a pvt car, you'll need a rest stop. We were taken to the Tabacon Resort/Spa and it was incredible. Plenty of time to take dips in their pools, relax..and then lunch. We'll be doing that again next year. Highly recommend it! Have a great cruise!

We were going to do this but didn't know if we wanted to spend the entire day on it. Did you have time when you got back to the pier to shop at all? Also, how close to the volcano were you to see it? How much time do you have at the hot springs? We have this booked but are considering ziplining and seeing some sites with Charlie Soto.

Macaroni: Yes, we did see the volcano...actually v-e-r-y close to the volcano..Tabacon is on the side and the hot springs come right out of the volcano. The water comes down 2 streams & flows into several natural pools. The higher you go up, the hotter the water. Lots of foliage and flowers...absolutely beautiful. I think we spent 3-4 hrs there. You're issued a key to a locker in the changing rooms (very clean & modern), given a towel and set loose on the grounds. They also have various treatments/massages (extra$). Can shop at the gift shop on the premises or on the way up or back at the 1/2way "rest stop" store (they have lots). There are also little shops at the pier, when you get back. You do arrive back at night...but do have some time to do some shopping dockside. I've also heard good things about Charlie Soto's Okey Dokey Tours, so I think you'll enjoy whatever tour you choose.

Archived