Blu Restaurant

sunnyjack

I had posted a while back about trying to get more detail for the offerings at Blu. Below is a sample menu from Celebrity's website. My main concern is that the menu seems limited. For those that have dined in Blu, is this ALL that is offered or is the menu supplemented with addtional "Daily Specials" for the Aqua Class passengers that will be dining there nightly?

Starters

"Blu" Cheese Soufflé Candied Pear and Port Sauce

Macadamia Nut Crusted Scallop, Pea Puree, Pink Grapefruit Emulsion, Baked Goat Cheese, Honey Pecan Dressing, Orange Essence, Grilled Baguette

Entrées

Halibut Wrapped

in Feuille de Brick with Yellow Corn and Lobster Chowder

Blackened Ahi Tuna

Forbidden Rice, White Sesame Vinaigrette, Bok Choy and Spicy Onion

Grilled Prawns

Paella Rice, Chilli Oil, and Cilantro

Crispy Whole Duck Leg

Brussels Sproutsm Aromatic Barbeque Sauce

Black Pepper Crusted New York Strip Steak

Chipolini Onions, Water Cress, Pommers Frites

Soups/Salads

California Crab Bisque Fish Roe and Scallions

Clam and Coconut Soup, Root Vegetables

Jicama Salda, Cucumbers, Watermelon, and Mint Puree

Desserts

White Chocolate Lava Cake

With Liquid Blueberry Center and Bergamot Sorbet

Sautée Apples in Caramel Gelée

Buttermilk Panacotta and Spoon of Orange Blossom Sorbet

sunnyjack, the menu in Blu changes NIGHTLY.......I know this has been a question for many. There will be something you would like on every menu, every night. Even times when I wasn't sure if I would like something, I loved every dish I ordered. They were great about bringing more than one appetizer, entree, salad, soup......in case you didn't care for one or the other. They happily brought me anything I asked for from the menu. My husband and I ordered our entrees and then sometimes an extra entree of something we weren't sure of, just so we could taste it or try it. There is always a vegetarian choice each night, as well as a salad entree that had a meat with it, steak or lamb for instance.

LISTEN AND LISTEN GOOD.......THE SHORT RIBS ARE A MUST ORDER.....THIS IS THE BEST MEAT DISH I HAVE EVER TASTED AND MANY WERE IN AGREEMENT.......they tasted as if they had been in the oven all day.......so cozy and delicious.

sunnyjack, the menu in Blu changes NIGHTLY.......I know this has been a question for many. There will be something you would like on every menu, every night. Even times when I wasn't sure if I would like something, I loved every dish I ordered. They were great about bringing more than one appetizer, entree, salad, soup......in case you didn't care for one or the other. They happily brought me anything I asked for from the menu. My husband and I ordered our entrees and then sometimes an extra entree of something we weren't sure of, just so we could taste it or try it. There is always a vegetarian choice each night, as well as a salad entree that had a meat with it, steak or lamb for instance.

LISTEN AND LISTEN GOOD.......THE SHORT RIBS ARE A MUST ORDER.....THIS IS THE BEST MEAT DISH I HAVE EVER TASTED AND MANY WERE IN AGREEMENT.......they tasted as if they had been in the oven all day.......so cozy and delicious.

thanks for your reply. we are definintely looking forward to dining at this venue.

I hope this picture shows up....this is my salmon on jasmine rice with pineapple bits and carrot slaw....yum!!!!!! The bowl in the middle of the table is pumpkin gnocchi! Something that I had never heard of but it was rich and flavorful on a bed of yummy spinach. This is one of the nights that my husband and I had 3 entrees, 1 each that we knew we would like and one other to taste just for fun....the gnocchi was just for fun!

Also, if people aren't getting enough to eat in Blu, they aren't ordering correctly. If you order one appetizer, one starter, one entree and then dessert, you will have MORE THAN ENOUGH food to eat!!!!! Also, the menu can be intimidating....my husband and I are not "snobby eaters" but if you see a basic ingredient that you love in the description, then order it........you will love the new and innovative ways these foods are prepared. The chef is very creative, the food was so so fresh and flavorful. I never had to use salt & pepper and those are usually staples for me. And I prepare my own food with lots of flavor. This food is not bland, but full of fresh flavor. Give it a chance.

IMG_2235.jpg.50e19ec9b07fefcda7e843ece32bea4f.jpg

I almost forgot this piece of fish my husband had that was encrusted with pecans with sweet apple slices on the side!!!!!!

I am so mad at myself for not taking pictures of the food every single night......sometimes photo taking can be such a chore and I just wanted to enjoy the meals.....but I should have taken photos every single night.

IMG_2236.jpg.da9c68f8eaccbefc0308881f1067a451.jpg

i'm so hungry now after seeing the picture. seriously, i can't wait until we cruise on 1-11-09!!!

sunnyjack, I am excited for you......I think will love your cruise, Solstice, she is stunning and we loved aqua class. You will love the shower in your cabin!!!!!;)

Archived