Hotel in Miami

dwarren113

The hotels near the port are going to be kinda expensive.

I've stayed at Intercontinental, Radisson, Hyatt Regency. These I got on hotwire for around $100.

Last time I stayed at the Holiday Inn. Paid around $200 (a suite). Lots of cruisers stay here. I wasn't wild about the hotel itself, but it was really close to Bayside, which I liked.

Something closer to the airport might be less expensive. But I don't have any recommendations.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami in April and really liked it. Ask for a room facing the port on a high floor, they seem to be the best and most newly renovated rooms. The location is wonderful with Bayside Market across the street for dinner the night before. My DD loved seeing the ship come into port in the morning. It kind of sets the stage for the whole cruise. I booked at the hotel website and paid about $160.

We also stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. The hotel is nothing spectacular, but it was clean and we asked for (and got) a high room facing the port. Nothing like looking out the window the morning of your cruise and seeing your ship sitting there! FABULOUS!

Bayside Market across the street has shops, restaurants, sometimes live entertainment.

I think we paid $140 or so in March 2008.

If you want a really nice hotel I would recommend the Intercontinental Hotel........if you just want a clean place to sleep I would recommend the Holiday Inn.......both have port view..........and both next to Bayside.

You can get them for about the same price on Priceline........

On Hotwire, how do you know what info to enter in order to get a hotel room near the port - such as Intercontinental, Radisson, Hyatt? Or does one just hope it's a close location?

Thanks for any advice.

Pam in KY

I just used downtown Miami for the location. I believe I also used 3 star or better.

Prior to our cruise in June, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon - it's about 5 minutes from the pier. Great price, free breakfast and nice pool and hot tub, plus 3 pc's off the lobby for your use at no charge.. It's also near a drugstore and liquor store (if you wish to shop there).

I've booked a room again for our pre-night next June.

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina.

They have a shuttle service to the port included in the price.

I actually booked again for my March 23,2009 cruise.

The Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina is located on 1819 79th Street Cswy, North Bay Village, phone 305-865-170. There is a nice bar/ restaurant attached. Shuckers Dockside. It is about a 20 min ride from (FLL)

• 2 weeks later...
The Best Western on the Bay Inn & Marina is located on 1819 79th Street Cswy, North Bay Village, phone 305-865-170. There is a nice bar/ restaurant attached. Shuckers Dockside. It is about a 20 min ride from (FLL)

Just booked this hotel for 1/30/09. With Airport shuttle and POM shuttle, paid 169.99 direct through the hotel. The person at the desk told me they are about 7 miles from downtown Miami and there is public transportation (bus) that stops right in front of the hotel if you chose to go into the city for dinner and a liquor store about 300 yds up the road so you can pick up your wine (and stowaway liquor!) for the cruise!

Can someone recommend a hotel in Miami close to the port? We are flying in the day before our March 22 cruise and need a clean and reasonably priced hotel. Thanks!!!

What does "reasonablly priced" mean to you? Cheapest rates are near the airport. Most expensive near South Beach.

Archived