Ruins & Meridia

conny&tony

I and my group of five others took the bus into Progreso. When we got off the bus, we were approached by a fellow offering tours, basically the taxis queue up and one person hustles up business for them. He offered us a pretty good price, but not for where we wanted to go and not what we wanted to pay. I told him what we wanted, he offered another price, my group looked at me, I shook my head and started to walk away, taking them with me. We stopped a short distance away to talk it over, and sure enough, we were chased down and offered a price of $120.00 for the tour to Merida for shopping and Dzibilchaltun for all six of us in our own air conditioned van. Jose was our driver (you can see his picture on my photobucket site, the link is in the thread titled "My Progreso Review). He was so fantastic; I only wish everybody could have a tourguide so nice, even though he didn't speak english.

Tip well if you get such a good deal on a tour, because you know the tourguides take home only a fraction of what you pay them for the trip.

Archived