Back to Back Cruises?

JAZBOC

I am thinking about booking a NCL Jade cruise in Jan. The 21 day itinerary is almost twice the cost of booking the 12 day and 9 day seperately. Is this normal? Can I book them separately or will I have to then waste a day debarking/reboarding the ship?

If they are listing the cruise as 2 cruises as well as one,then you should be able to book them separately. We booked two cruise on the NCL Jewel last January and did them B2B. You have to leave the ship for only a short time between cruises, they will ascort you off the ship with the others that are doing B2B and then back on within 45 minutes or so, very, very, simple.

Last time I looked the prices were OK, but not know

Which B2B pair are you looking at and for which cabins?

You might find there are very few cabins that are available for the 21N so the B2B will involve a move, find a cabin available on both trips and book seperately if cheaper or get a TA to work a deal.

With EU based cruses you should be able to just have a day off/on the ship and let the cabin stewards move your stuff. We could have stayed on on our last B2B in the UK.

It is just the US(AFAIK) that has these STUPID rules with B2B cruises making you do the imigration stuff.

I am thinking about booking a NCL Jade cruise in Jan. The 21 day itinerary is almost twice the cost of booking the 12 day and 9 day seperately. Is this normal? Can I book them separately or will I have to then waste a day debarking/reboarding the ship?

Call and ask.

We had a similar situation with our Sun cruise in Sept.

We initially saw the 18 day itinerrary advertised which was a reposition from Vancouver-Alaska-Mexico and ending in San Francisco. We didn't even realize that it was being sold separately.

We watched the price and then saw a promo sale that offered the individual itinerraries but not the combined. The 7 day and 11 day voyages each came up on the sale but not the 18 day voyage.

Once I called, the NCL rep. confirmed what I saw and booked the 2 separate itinerraries linked as B2B at the lower rates. By his linking them I was able to have only one deposit due (in our case a cruise reward.)

The B2B voyage was a breeze as we had the same cabin for the entire voyage and didn't even need to get new cards as they showed the final departure date.

Archived