question about tipping for an infant

MOMtoTwins

from what I understand there is no mandatory fee for an infant, but I want to tip appropriately for the extra care they will receive. is it appropriate to tip at each meal if we eat in the dining room so that the extra tip goes to the person directly responsible for their/our care. this would also apply if i had extra good service and wanted to tip more.

from what i understand extra tips handed out directly are "supposed" to go to a pool that is split at the end of the cruise. i was told that the service charge is for kids 3 and up $12/day starting in 2009. i think it would be great to hand out a few extra bucks to someone who has gone out of their way....but a bummer if it goes to a general pool!

Since you are on NCL with a baby, the little love must be at least 6 months old when you sail- i tip for infants just like for an y other child. We ghav ecruised with our 3 7 year olds since 9 months- always tipped like a rehgular old child!

You willl have a GREAT time!

ketzela, Mike's wife

from what i understand extra tips handed out directly are "supposed" to go to a pool that is split at the end of the cruise. i was told that the service charge is for kids 3 and up $12/day starting in 2009. i think it would be great to hand out a few extra bucks to someone who has gone out of their way....but a bummer if it goes to a general pool!

tipping extra in cash(above the 10-12 dollar surcharge the individual crew can keep). If you remove the service charge they have to turn in all they get from you. Since there is no service charge for under two's and as long as you don't remove your auto service charge they can keep whatever you leave them....its more in your cabin that it will be an issue....how much you should leve? use the daily auto s/c as a guide and split it between the cabin crew and the servers....

Archived