Earliest Departing Flight Time from Fort Lauderdale

jkball01

Hey everyone, I was just really curious on the departing flights out of Fort Lauderdale airport after your cruise. Seems as if all the cheap flights are early early in the morning, or late in the evening. So I was just wondering from people who have flown out of there what the earliest departure time you had was and how easily you made your flight. I would really appreciate your responses. THANKS!!

Expect to pay about $20 pp incl tip each way.

Last year we arrived FLL airport 11:30 am, claimed bags and

Grabbed GoShuttle near baggage claim ($60 for 3) was at POM by 1

Plenty of time!

POM to FLL was comfortable return flight out at 1 pm.

Our first cruise ever, we were a little worried so took self departure.

Skipped breakfast (MISTAKE) Debarked and cleared customs by 9 am.

While in line at customs, we picked up a single who

was just going to take a taxi - which made us "four"

WARNING here on return shuttles to MIA or FLL.

As soon as you come out of the terminal you are over whelmed with aggressive shuttle expediters. Have a plan!

We didn't want to wait on bus or shuttle to fill up to go to airport.

I made it clear to the expediter, we'd wait a little, but we had to leave within 15 minutes to catch our flight.

IMPORTANT: NO money exchanged hands!

They agreed, the got two other people in the shuttle and were trying for the four additional vacant seats. At the 15 minute mark, the driver got out and wandered over to other drivers. At 20 minutes, I got out of the van and told him if we didn't leave we were taking our bags and going with someone else. A flurry of radio exchanges and 5 minutes later and we were on the road. Return trip $20pp incl. tip.

PLENTY of time to spare at the airport.

Almost too much time, and let me tell you and I can kill time!!!

The airport was between breakfast and lunch.

We eventually got food around 11:30.

This year we have 4 going. It will be $160 RT with shuttles.

I've reserved a rental car plus parking at POM total of about $200 and we are in control of the transportation, it also gives us the opportunity to stop for breakfast or lunch some where in MIA or FLL.

DW and I had a 12:40 PM flight out of FLL on Dec. 14th. At least 5 ships in port. We had a leisurely breakfast and went to the lounge to wait. We had #16 tags to disembark. At 8:45 they called our number. At 9:10 we were getting into taxi. At 10:00 we were through security at the airport and waiting on flight. Everything went smoothly this time but I wouldn't book a flight before 12:00 PM just in case it didn't go so well.

I would agree not to schedule a flight beefore noon. Granted, you might be able to make an earlier flight, but I just wouldn't count on it. I spend a couple days in FLL after my cruise and then catch a 6 a.m. flight out to the Left Coast.

Hey everyone, I was just really curious on the departing flights out of Fort Lauderdale airport after your cruise. Seems as if all the cheap flights are early early in the morning, or late in the evening. So I was just wondering from people who have flown out of there what the earliest departure time you had was and how easily you made your flight. I would really appreciate your responses. THANKS!!

I'm a little late with this topic but I have to say after reading I am a little worried. We have a return flight booked for FLL departure at 11:05 am. I spoke with a Princess rep prior to booking this flight and she said that it would not be a problem. We have purchased transfers from the ship to the airport. I have never cruised from Fort Lauderdale before, but I have heard the port and airport are close to each other. Am I going to pull my hair out with panic because we are flying out too early? I am leaving this Saturday!!!!

I know alot of people will suggest that I try and change my flight time, but I am currently scheduled to fly out at 10:05. This will be my fifth cruise leaving out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Port Canaveral and I always am at the airport really early. I know things can happen to cause me to be late, but if things run as smoothly as always I think I will make it in time. My suggestion to you would make sure you do the self embark and request from the cruise line you be one of the firsts to get off. I still take my time getting up, taking a shower and disembarking, but I can't stand sitting around the airport forever. The options for booking a return flight was very limited. I could either at the time fly out at 10:05 or 6:00 pm at night, and I choose the early option. I think you should be fine, but like everyone says, its not highly recommended cause the things that could happen. So far, every cruise I have had has been smooth on disembarkment. Good luck and have fun!!

Wouldn't that be something if this is the first time you miss it! Then you're really up a tree and then the worst part is that you've forfeited your right to complain about it!:)

I know alot of people will suggest that I try and change my flight time, but I am currently scheduled to fly out at 10:05. This will be my fifth cruise leaving out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or Port Canaveral and I always am at the airport really early. I know things can happen to cause me to be late, but if things run as smoothly as always I think I will make it in time. My suggestion to you would make sure you do the self embark and request from the cruise line you be one of the firsts to get off. I still take my time getting up, taking a shower and disembarking, but I can't stand sitting around the airport forever. The options for booking a return flight was very limited. I could either at the time fly out at 10:05 or 6:00 pm at night, and I choose the early option. I think you should be fine, but like everyone says, its not highly recommended cause the things that could happen. So far, every cruise I have had has been smooth on disembarkment. Good luck and have fun!!

I'm a little late with this topic but I have to say after reading I am a little worried. We have a return flight booked for FLL departure at 11:05 am. I spoke with a Princess rep prior to booking this flight and she said that it would not be a problem. We have purchased transfers from the ship to the airport. I have never cruised from Fort Lauderdale before, but I have heard the port and airport are close to each other. Am I going to pull my hair out with panic because we are flying out too early? I am leaving this Saturday!!!!

I booked an 11:20 am flight out of FLL and was told by Carnival that it would be fine. They don't recommend booking before 11:30 but was told the port is 3 miles from the airport. I've always been off the ship before 10am on other cruises, although this is the first out of FLL. I'm sure you'll be fine with your flight time.

I was on the Ruby Princess last month out of FLL. Although my flight wasn't until 12:30, we very leisurly left the ship around 9:30 and were off the ship, through customs and at the airport by 10:15. You'll be in one of the first groups to disembark probably around 8AM and easily make your flight.

Enjoy your cruise!

I just made a 9:40 flight out of FLL. We were on the 12/6 Freedom. We did self-disembark and we are platinum so we were one of first one's off. We were so early cabs hadn't even been allowed into port yet (it was only a 5 minute wait). We were at airport checked and at the gate by 8:00 -- we both had a catnap while waiting in the airport. It was by far the easiest disembark ever.

I just made a 9:40 flight out of FLL. We were on the 12/6 Freedom. We did self-disembark and we are platinum so we were one of first one's off. We were so early cabs hadn't even been allowed into port yet (it was only a 5 minute wait). We were at airport checked and at the gate by 8:00 -- we both had a catnap while waiting in the airport. It was by far the easiest disembark ever.

Good for you!:) Friends on our last cruise had an early flight like you and did the self disembark on Princess. They later told us they walked of the ship with their bags by 7:15AM.

Express debarkation is different at MIA. RCCL doesn't offer Express debarkation until 8:00-8:30; which I don't understand since the ships are due in around the same time. We too were at the airport at 7:30 (MIA), checked in as well, back in October. I am now wishing I had of asked that question regarding FLL as I will now probably have to pay to change my return flight to a later time:mad:

In Oct. we sailed out of Miami. We had a return flight at 11:10am out of Fort Lauderdale. We did the express walk off and made it with plenty of time to spare. I think you should be fine. Last March during one of the busiest weeks of spring break we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale - we had a 10:35 return flight (some others had a 9:30 flight) We did the express deaprture - didn't leave the ship until 8-8:30 and made our flight with lots of extra time. The ones that had the 9:30 flight also made theirs.

Archived