Royal Caribbean Babysitting Questions - Help!

Hi Everyone, I am about to take my first cruise on the Liberty of the Seas! Our two-year old will be with us. I have researched this board to find answers to some of my questions but most of the info I have found has been general. I also called RC customer service directly and got virtually no additional information other than the generic info on their website. So, I'm hoping some of you experienced RC cruisers can help me! Here are things I am wondering about:

1. Is there any type of group babysitting available for a 2 year old? I.e. I drop her off in a room of kiddos in a group situation for a few hours? If so what details can you give me about that? The RC website refers to "group babysitting" but provides no additional details other than the advertised structured programs (Aquatots, etc.)

2. For the private babysitting, the RC rep gave me a different rate than their website. Website says approx $10/hr for 1 or 2 kids. She said $5/hr then changed her story to $8/hr.

3. Is the private babysitting ONLY in your state room? Or can you ask the sitter to take the kiddo to dinner, or take her on deck to walk around, etc?

4. How hard is it to get a babysitter if you don't do it on the first day you board ship?

5. What is the cancellation policy on babysitters? I.e. if I am not sure exactly when I want the sitter, could I make a reservation for a few nights and then cancel several hours beforehand?

There is no group babysitting for under 3 year olds on RCCL. Only the private babysitting.

Here is a good thread you may want to read about RCCL's in-cabin babysitting http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=885935

You may also want to post your question on the Family cruising board as a some parents post there without reading the main boards. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

The search doesn't work very well and sometimes you miss stuff when you are just doing a scan or you aren't used to these boards.

Nothing wrong with asking if you can't easily find answers. That's why we're here.:) Besides, most of us on CC can give you faster and more reliable answers than asking the cruiseline directly.:p

Archived