Killing time in Fort Lauderdale

ldarcy

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do between disembarkation and going to the airport in Fort Lauderdale? We need to be at the airport by 12:30 so we don't have enough time to do any excursions, but we don't want to spend 3 extra hours at the airport either! I should also mention too that this will be a Sunday morning, that may make a difference!

Any advice would be appreciated!

We have always flown out of Ft. Lauderdale at 1:00. It really isn't much time to do much. Sometimes we are not off the ship until 10:00. Fll. always seems to have long lines to check in and to get through security. By the time we are actually in the airport, it is usually after 11.

I suppose you could have a taxi take you someplace for brunch. Or, just have a taxi take you on a drive to see some of the sites of the city.

I agree as I don't think you will have much time to do much after you disembark. If you get off early you could go by cab to the riverwalk and wander that area or take a water taxi and view some of the scenery on the waterways. If there is more than one ship in FLL then be aware the airport will be extremely busy and linups will be long.

So I assume we should just take our time leaving the ship and then go straight to the airport - that was our original plan but I thought there might be some way to fill a couple of hours!

Thanks for the confirmation!

So I assume we should just take our time leaving the ship and then go straight to the airport - that was our original plan but I thought there might be some way to fill a couple of hours!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Take your time and enjoy one last breakfast in the Windjammer or the main dining room. Then depart. We left the ship about 10:15 am. The biggest problem was the very long taxi line. We had a porter that somehow got us to the front of the line and found a van for 6 people.

The airport will definitely be busy. We actually spent Sunday in Fort Lauderdale and based on reports from others, we had a much easier time leaving FLL on Monday.

Have a great trip.

Mike

Archived