AF vs AB for 5 people?????

cruisecap

I will be traveling with my husband, daughter (23) dtr bf (22) and my son (19). Would you get one AB with all the extra perks or (2) AF (same price but no perks). The two AF are right next to each other, so we could maybe take out the divider on the balcony. I thought about on AB and one balcony but my understanding the two in the balcony cannot utilize the perks from our AB is this true?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

I will be traveling with my husband, daughter (23) dtr bf (22) and my son (19). Would you get one AB with all the extra perks or (2) AF (same price but no perks). The two AF are right next to each other, so we could maybe take out the divider on the balcony. I thought about on AB and one balcony but my understanding the two in the balcony cannot utilize the perks from our AB is this true?

Thanks

That's an odd mix of passengers...you'll want your privacy, your daughter and BF will want their privacy...and then there's your son. The best bet would be the AB with an inside on same deck. Then you'll have sleeping/bath quarters for everyone, a lower bill, and everyone can congregrate in your cabin to make it feel like you're traveling as a group. You and your husband would have a large private bedroom, your son will have his private bedroom (with private key access) and DD and BF could be just down the hall... The 2 AF's will have your son sleeping on the sofa either next to you and your husband or your daughter and BF...might be weird for him.

I am sure that the butler would serve breakfast/lunch/dinner to the entire party during a sitting regardless of where they are booked. What about 3 adjoining balcony's...did that pricing work out?

Thanks

That's true for the most part. They won't have access to the suite breakfast and lunch at Cagney's (or whichever restaurant is used on your ship); they won't have invites to the VIP Cocktail party; they won't have the expanded room service menu; they won't have the little goodies delivered daily; they won't have a bottle of bubbly at embarkation. But they would probably be able to board with you, get VIP tender tix (if applicable) so you could all disembark together, have your concierge make dinner reservations for the whole family, and have the butler serve dinner en suite for the whole family.

I really cannot imagine putting three adults (one a young couple) in the second bedroom of the AB. However, if it works for your family, then go for it. If it might be an uncomfortable sleeping arrangement and with very little privacy, then multiple cabins (even without the suite perks for the balcony cabin) is a better option.

beachchick

Since you are allowed to have 5 people in a AB, maybe you could get the AB + an inside (or balcony) but ask them to have all those 5 people on the invitations, special perks?

I would ask, for sure.

This way, you can have the AB master bedroom, you son the small bedroom and your daughter+BF the other cabin. Since you could cram them all in the AB but are willing to pay more for more room/privacy, I don't know why the cruiseline would deny giving them the perks.

In the past I've read where folks had an AB and a connecting AF. The key point was that the reservations were "linked" at the time of booking so the AF was treated as a third bedroom of the AB and received all of the suite perks.

Is this possible for you?

Archived