Carnival Freedom & wine

sunnyd2day

Hi everybody! I know that the cruise line lets you take a bottle per person of wine and cham. Does anybody have a recommendation of the best way to pack bottles in suit cases for air travel... I'd hate to have one break in our bags on the way, but we'd like to take a special bottle with us for your anniversary and wondered how the best way to get it there was.

Also any suggestions on the best things to do off the ship in Costa Rica and Panama. We'd like to join a group on the ship to do something instead of paying Carnival's outragous prices!

Thanks!

Hi everybody! I know that the cruise line lets you take a bottle per person of wine and cham. Does anybody have a recommendation of the best way to pack bottles in suit cases for air travel... !

I personally would buy it enroute from the airport to the port, and not try to fly with it. If you have to fly with it, I'd suggest putting bottles in large ziplocks (in case they break), then bubble wrap. I believe some folks just put them in the middle of their clothing, in a suitcase that is well filled so there is no movement inside.

When you get to FLL, go to Total Wines on Cordova, I think, and buy it there. That's what I'm doing. Any cabbie will know where it is. After we check into the hotel, the 3 guys are going to go while the women folk relax by the pool. Then I've got some neuprine (SP) sleeves for them and then some bubble wrap and finally BIG ziplock bags.

Archived