freedom in 59 days!

dayfun

cannot wait!....going on feb.8 2009 for 6 nt.w.carib...w/only dh and myself. is our 2nd cruise, 1st was on the fascination last year, with our

teenage sons. we have inside guarantee and are still TBA!.am sooo. excited!....anyone been on freedom lately?

cannot wait!....going on feb.8 2009 for 6 nt.w.carib...w/only dh and myself. is our 2nd cruise, 1st was on the fascination last year, with our

teenage sons. we have inside guarantee and are still TBA!.am sooo. excited!....anyone been on freedom lately?

We are on the same cruise. Have you joined our roll call? Lots of us going.

We booked a guarantee and no cabin assignment yet either. Hopefully soon.

No, but my sis and I will be on her in about 100 days!:p Can't wait!:D We also are going on a 6 day to key west, grand cayman, and ocho rios. We have an inside cabin on the Upper deck. Happy cruising and be sure to do a review when you come back...I'm especially interested in the food!:o Pics are always nice!:D Did you check out the All about Freedom thread? Lotsa great stuff on there!

I'll be getting on when you get off (2/14 Sailing)

In addition to the Everything Freedom thread there have been quite a few reviews the past couple of weeks. If you dom't find them in a search let me know and I'll try to link them here.

Was just on Freedom - wonderful staff and beautiful ship. No problems except for embarkation and disembarkation. Ports were Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios. Loved the cruise and wish I was back there again. Finally got to the chocolate buffett and it was great (love the banana fritters mmmmmmm wish I could have some right now). Spent a lot of time by the adult pool and hot tubs - very relaxing. Can't wait for the Glory in September!!! Have a wonderful cruise - we did!!!!

Was just on Freedom - wonderful staff and beautiful ship. No problems except for embarkation and disembarkation. Ports were Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios. Loved the cruise and wish I was back there again. Finally got to the chocolate buffett and it was great (love the banana fritters mmmmmmm wish I could have some right now). Spent a lot of time by the adult pool and hot tubs - very relaxing. Can't wait for the Glory in September!!! Have a wonderful cruise - we did!!!!

What were these problems? What time were you able to get off the ship?:confused:

The problem for us was very long lines on embarkation took over an hour and a half to get on ship from first line. Debarkation was nuts -we did self assist and they said they would call by decks - well at 7:00 they called decks 1&2 we were on 7 so we waited - at 7:30 they said it was very congested and to just have patience and they would let people know when it was less congested (have not called any more decks yet) then at 7:40 or so they said that it was now clearing out and in 15 minutes they would be closing the gangplank on one for self assist and would be going to general debarkation at 8:00. they still have not called any other decks but one and two - so we just went anyway because we still had our luggage and we could just imagine the looks and comments if we had to take our luggage through general debarkation. They basically did not stick with a plan at all - I guess everyone went down when they called 1 & 2 and like good little boys and girls we tried to follow the rules. So we won't do that again. They were supposed to start debarkation at 6:30 or 6:45 and they didn't start until 7:00 so we were also a little ticked as we had not had coffee yet. Should have ordered room service coffee but didn't - our fault. Can't wait to be VIP - only 6 more cruises.

We used the VIP luggage tags (number 1) which put our luggage closest to immigration.

After a nice leisurely breakfast, we walked off the ship in between cattle calls and had a line of about 2 ahead of us for immigration/customs. I think it might have been about 10 or so.

We used the VIP luggage tags (number 1) which put our luggage closest to immigration.

After a nice leisurely breakfast, we walked off the ship in between cattle calls and had a line of about 2 ahead of us for immigration/customs. I think it might have been about 10 or so.

That's sounds good. I think I will do the same - have a leisurely breakfast and wait for most of the others to get off. We have a later flight. Some of my family have early flights, though, and it sounds like their best bet is to do the self-assist debarkation, and get off as soon as they can.

The problem for us was very long lines on embarkation took over an hour and a half to get on ship from first line. Debarkation was nuts -we did self assist and they said they would call by decks - well at 7:00 they called decks 1&2 we were on 7 so we waited - at 7:30 they said it was very congested and to just have patience and they would let people know when it was less congested (have not called any more decks yet) then at 7:40 or so they said that it was now clearing out and in 15 minutes they would be closing the gangplank on one for self assist and would be going to general debarkation at 8:00. they still have not called any other decks but one and two - so we just went anyway because we still had our luggage and we could just imagine the looks and comments if we had to take our luggage through general debarkation. They basically did not stick with a plan at all - I guess everyone went down when they called 1 & 2 and like good little boys and girls we tried to follow the rules. So we won't do that again. They were supposed to start debarkation at 6:30 or 6:45 and they didn't start until 7:00 so we were also a little ticked as we had not had coffee yet. Should have ordered room service coffee but didn't - our fault. Can't wait to be VIP - only 6 more cruises.

Oh my! I do hope they get this taken care of by March! :eek: But I believe I'll have a later flight back so it wont matter too much since we'll prob try to have a nice breakfast and not be as rushed. What time were you off the ship?

I was just on Freedom and had no real problems with embarkation or disembarkation other than the guy directing people at check-in seemed to have no clue that VIPs had priority at checking in.

Some pictures:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/free_08/index.htm

IMG_0540.JPG

Nola, I absolutely loooooved your live review and followed it everyday. The pictures were awesome....especially the food ones:p! Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing the Capers if you have them?:D

Oh my! I do hope they get this taken care of by March! :eek: But I believe I'll have a later flight back so it wont matter too much since we'll prob try to have a nice breakfast and not be as rushed. What time were you off the ship?

Nola, I absolutely loooooved your live review and followed it everyday. The pictures were awesome....especially the food ones:p! Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing the Capers if you have them?:D

I do. They are sitting on top of my scanner! Maybe this weekend...:o

We actually were off by about 8:00 am but it was the disorganization that drove us nuts. Oh well now we know - either go as soon as thay call self debark or just do general debarkation. Not a big deal as now we know what to expect. I am just sort of anal about rules and find it hard to go against what they want you to do, but when they did it makes me a little mad.

I'm the same way so that's why I asked. I found flights that leave around 11:30 but wasnt sure if that would be cutting it too close. Right now, I'm looking at flights out at mid afternoon to early evening. But dont wanna be stuck at the airport for sevveral hours. UGH!:eek:

I'm the same way so that's why I asked. I found flights that leave around 11:30 but wasnt sure if that would be cutting it too close. Right now, I'm looking at flights out at mid afternoon to early evening. But dont wanna be stuck at the airport for sevveral hours. UGH!:eek:

Carnival says 11:30 and after for FLL.....However, I always try and book flights an hour and a half or so after they suggest. I booked my flight for 1:00 BUT Continental has changed their schedule since and now my flight is at 11:40....I was not happy because I don't like to feel pressured.

Carnival says 11:30 and after for FLL.....However, I always try and book flights an hour and a half or so after they suggest. I booked my flight for 1:00 BUT Continental has changed their schedule since and now my flight is at 11:40....I was not happy because I don't like to feel pressured.

Yea, same here so I may just take a flight at between 4 and 6ish and maybe see about a standby if available so I wont have any worries or pressures in case something does delay us.

I'm going on The 6 night Freedom Dec.28. I will try to do a live from the Freedom and let you know how the ship is

Archived