Splendor Questions

ShelbyLK

Can someone please tell me if the safes on the Splendor are magnetic swipes or keypads?

Also, how are the frig's in the rooms? I've heard a lot of people say their's were luke warm at best, some say the frig was perfect temperature, just wondering if anyone had any problems with theirs on the Splendor.

Thanks!

:)

Ditto about the safe. Keypad - has to be set every time you open it to get it to relock.

Hmmmm...our frig was ok. Cool enough to keep beverages cool - but I would not say that it was cold. It was locked when we first arrived and then once we got it open it was pretty full - we had to rearrange (stack some cans) to get some space for our stuff.

FYI....they did relock it during the evening turn down the last night. But - by then - we did not have anything "extra" in it anyway.

Thank you for the replies...

So, I'm assuming that it will be hit or miss with mine also. You would think that they would have a temperature control on those mini frig's. I just would like to keep my pop and water cold, not a big deal, guess if the frig isn't cold, I could always use ice an a bucket. :)

I agree, I do prefer the keypads. I don't want to carry anything around with me on the ship, so needing to take another plastic card (and not lose), seems a waste to me.

Let's just hope I don't have too many DOD's and forget the code on the safe. Now that would be funny after just complaining about the magnetic slide safes. lol

Carnival Splendor has keypad on in-room safes.

My fridge on that ship last month was definitely NOT cold (or even cool) throughout the week.

Bummer. Mine on the port side was lukewarm, but on the starboard side was reasonably cool. I was hoping they would have fixed by now.

Guess I will be bringing a collapsible cooler on the SA voyage AND having daily chats with the hotel director. :mad:

Bummer. Mine on the port side was lukewarm, but on the starboard side was reasonably cool. I was hoping they would have fixed by now.

Mine on Splendor was port side as well (2216). I kid you not . . . I put milk in there one morning after breakfast, and the following evening it was starting to become a form of yogurt. Blechhh!

Decided to create a makeshift form of icebucket I learned here on CC, and just surrounded the little cartons with ice. Containers start to get a wee bit pulpy, but the product inside is just fine and dandy.

Last week on Carnival Freedom my mini-fridge was excellent.

Mine on Splendor was port side as well (2216). I kid you not . . . I put milk in there one morning after breakfast, and the following evening it was starting to become a form of yogurt. Blechhh!

Decided to create a makeshift form of icebucket I learned here on CC, and just surrounded the little cartons with ice. Containers start to get a wee bit pulpy, but the product inside is just fine and dandy.

Last week on Carnival Freedom my mini-fridge was excellent.

I hope you removed it! I think that is my cabin for the SA cruise. :eek:

Carnival Splendor has keypad on in-room safes.

My fridge on that ship last month was definitely NOT cold (or even cool) throughout the week.

A tip was posted by another poster was to leave the outside wooden door open to the fridge. This will release much of the warm air that is trapped by the box that the fridge is encased in and allow the fridge to not work as hard to keep things cool.

I do not have first hand experience with this tip although I'm going to try it on our upcoming cruise in two weeks.

A tip was posted by another poster was to leave the outside wooden door open to the fridge. This will release much of the warm air that is trapped by the box that the fridge is encased in and allow the fridge to not work as hard to keep things cool.

I do not have first hand experience with this tip although I'm going to try it on our upcoming cruise in two weeks.

Ahhhhh....very interesting idea. I will have to give that a try ;)!

Nice picture Mach, I see you won the coveted ship on a stick. Congratulations!

Cheers!

I have to be honest... I didn't win it... John Heald arranged to have it delivered to my cabin along with a bunch of other goodies...

It has a place of honor at home now, along with my 'Scots, some Carnival specialty drink cups, coconut heads and a bunch of other stuff!!!

:D

You can try it, but it won't work. My cabin was cooler than the "cooler".

Maybe it was just the port side 1As forward? :confused:

Grab a cup of ice cubes from Lido deck, place in fridge next to your milk, smoked salmon, ..... 19th century tech still applies two hundred years later.

Archived