After reading the swim diaper question.....

kiraryker

That is naaaaasty! I don't think I have ever seen a baby in a diaper in a public pool, let alone in a tiny cruise pool. I would totally say something to them if I was planning on getting in. Where are peoples brain cells? Putting a baby in a pool with a diaper on is just wrong in many ways.

If your child is not potty trained for the love of GOD do not let them in a pool. This is such a no brainer.

As for WASP....'Blind in Texas' ranks up there with my top 10 all-time favorite metal songs:D

Our local YMCA has a program for babies:

Water Babies (6 months - 36 months)

Parent and child will become familiar with the water and learn skills such as blowing bubbles, kicking, floating, water safety, CPR & First Aid with an emphasis on fun and games.

I think the big difference is that the pools at the local Y are chlorinated and pools on ships are not. :)

I often take a dip in the pool on ship. It's hot and a nice way to cool off. Most ships have an adults only pool. I have seen children in them, but older kids, not babies.

I'll pee on the parents (and I am not joking)

Ya G'ma - CPO Bulldog is correct.

Parris Island Old Corps Graduate here.

Fellow Marines understand that......civilians don't. Went through PI in 1958 and was stationed there (much to my dismay) and am a member of the Loyal Order of the Sand Flea' date=' fer sure. Gave them 8 years of my life...then married and preggers....they didn't allow pregnant Marines in those days else I'd of stayed in until they kicked my rear out. Shoulda stayed single anyway........:D

Semper Fi backatcha....

Marine_Corps_Emblem.jpg

Yep.....once a' date=' always a.....

Went through PI in 1958 and was stationed there after boot. Revisited the place in 2006....all the quonsets are gone - and the wooden barracks.. The WM Battalion looked like a resort compared to 1958.. Enjoyed watching the boots drill, though and caught the end of a graduation ceremony on the main parade field.....brought tears... We are a sappy an sentimental bunch, aren't we? Gave them a lot of years and loved almost every minute of it...........except those dammed sand fleas.:D

Was good to see Iron Mike still standing at the HQ building...[/quote']

Well, I'm a bit younger, my dad joined USMC in 1957, boot at San Onefry (sp?)...Order of the Shellback, Order of the Ditch, Indian Ocean Yacht Club...was a dirt sailor for years, Liberia, Bolivia, Iraq (x2)...you are right, silly-vilians do not understandand I don't have time to explain...:D

I just don't see the allure of going in the pool while on a cruise anyway. The pools are so small, shallow, crammed full of people... you can't really 'swim' per se. Whats the point.

Go to a resort, while at one of the ports, and use a nice facility instead.

Probably because I live in So Cal and have 3 year-around pools with jacuzzis in my complex, I would have to agree. I guess people from some parts of the country consider these postage-stamp-sized shallow, sea-water, non-chlorinated pools filled with bumper to butt people exciting or exotic ! ! :confused:

Have never been in a cruise ship pool or jacuzzi.

Archived