AB Penthouse

cruisecap

I am getting conflicting information. Some have informed me that the sofa in the living room does pull out to a bed and some say that it does not. I even had my TA confirm this with NCL and they say that it does. Does anyone have the correct information.

Thanks

What Ship ? It makes a difference.

If you are asking about the Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pearl, or Gem then the answer is no. The love seat is clearly not a sofa bed and impossible to sleep on.

Now the sofa bed in the second bedroom does open into a double bed.

2452450730080219577S500x500Q85.jpg

What Ship ? It makes a difference.

If you are asking about the Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pearl, or Gem then the answer is no. The love seat is clearly not a sofa bed and impossible to sleep on.

Now the sofa bed in the second bedroom does open into a double bed.

2452450730080219577S500x500Q85.jpg

Great picture!

This is eaxactly what our AB on the Dawn had in the living room area. There is no sofa bed in the living room. The sofa bed is in the small inside bedroom and pulls out to a bed.

We were in an AB twice on the Dawn. The first time we had our 2 kids and the second we had 2 adult friends, so both times we had 4 people.

We had the master bedroom when we cruised with our kids and stayed in the small cabin when we cruised with our friends (it was only a 2 day). The pull out couch in the small room is positioned so I had to climb over my DW to get out of bed. The pull down bunk is right above this bed as well so you can fit three in there. It is a tight, small space. Great for our kids but I would not have wanted to spend a week in there with 2 more people. This small inside is not the same size as a standard inside cabin. There is almost no floor space when the bed is pulled out. Having the living room/dining area and balcony really made up for the small space.

This was a great cabin for us with our kids. I would book it again!

Not to hijack the thread...but does anyone know how I could arrange for a sofa/sleeper in the living room on the Jewel? We will be sailing in Feb with 3 adults and 2 kids in an AB and it would be REALLY nice to have the extra sleeping space.

Not to hijack the thread...but does anyone know how I could arrange for a sofa/sleeper in the living room on the Jewel? We will be sailing in Feb with 3 adults and 2 kids in an AB and it would be REALLY nice to have the extra sleeping space.

You may be able to request a roll-away . Call .

When I was on the Jewel in May in an A3 VC, the butler said they were replacing the sofa's in all the A3's (which would possibly mean AB's as well) with sofa-beds, not sure if/when it was done.. but this sounds like what he was talking about.. this was to accomodate the 5th passenger or something like that..

When I was on the Jewel in May in an A3 VC, the butler said they were replacing the sofa's in all the A3's (which would possibly mean AB's as well) with sofa-beds, not sure if/when it was done.. but this sounds like what he was talking about.. this was to accomodate the 5th passenger or something like that..

I thought that I had read something to that effect for Freestyle 2.0, hope thats the case! I'll give NCL a call as the time draws a little closer.

I thought that I had read something to that effect for Freestyle 2.0, hope thats the case! I'll give NCL a call as the time draws a little closer.

I would call NCL ask to get in touch with the "Ship Coordinator" for your specific ship.. There should be a person who can actually check the specific room itself. I have done this in the past (for different topics) and they were VERY helpful.

When Freestyle 2.0 was first announced it sounded as though sofa-beds would be added to all suites. As a family of 3 we thought this would be great as we could then fit into an AE or an AD. However, when 2.0 was rolled out all that was done was that existing sofa-beds in suites were replaced (not sure which ships this applies to - not Star, Dawn, Jewel, Jade, Pearl or Gem).

When Freestyle 2.0 was first announced it sounded as though sofa-beds would be added to all suites. As a family of 3 we thought this would be great as we could then fit into an AE or an AD. However, when 2.0 was rolled out all that was done was that existing sofa-beds in suites were replaced (not sure which ships this applies to - not Star, Dawn, Jewel, Jade, Pearl or Gem).

It's possible that might happen, but the suites would have to be re-rated to legally allow more than 2 pax. That would mean that an equal amount of other cabins onboard would likely have to be re-rated to no longer hold more than 2 pax because there are limitations on the numbers of cabins/suites that can be rated (and the number per cruise that can be booked) with more than 2 pax. I'm not sure exactly how the numbers are determined (except, of course, that it all boils down to ship and life boat capacity).

beachchick

Archived