Host Star - La Romana Snorkel

Stevesan

You indicated in another thread that you've snorkeled there.

Will you please relate your experience snorkeling at La Romana.

My Grand Princess cruise next month will be a first for me at La Romana.

Lack of a good independent recommendation caused me to book a ship's snorkel trip. Maybe you can help with that, too.

Thank You

You indicated in another thread that you've snorkeled there.

Will you please relate your experience snorkeling at La Romana.

My Grand Princess cruise next month will be a first for me at La Romana.

Lack of a good independent recommendation caused me to book a ship's snorkel trip. Maybe you can help with that, too.

Thank You

sorry,,, I haven't snorkeled at La R omana, Dominican Republic..

Sorry, I assumed you had since You recommended St Thomas over La Romana in another thread.

we had not gotten great reports on the snorkeling in LaRomana... however, snosrkeling in St. Thomas has always been good... a cab to coki beach or over to St. John's to Trunk Bay or an excursion to Buck Island.. many choices for St. Thomas snorkeling

we had not gotten great reports on the snorkeling in LaRomana... however, snosrkeling in St. Thomas has always been good... a cab to coki beach or over to St. John's to Trunk Bay or an excursion to Buck Island.. many choices for St. Thomas snorkeling

It's rather common knowledge that snorkeling St Thomas/St John is good.

That's easily confirmed by numerous threads on this board.

When someone asks for a recommendation, unless otherwise noted, it's assumed to be a first hand response.

That's especially important when there are so few reports on a location such as La Romana.

There is so little info about La Romana I booked the ship's snorkel :o for next month. Now, that's desperate!!!

It's rather common knowledge that snorkeling St Thomas/St John is good.

That's easily confirmed by numerous threads on this board.

When someone asks for a recommendation, unless otherwise noted, it's assumed to be a first hand response.

That's especially important when there are so few reports on a location such as La Romana.

There is so little info about La Romana I booked the ship's snorkel :o for next month. Now, that's desperate!!!

all my recommendations for St. Thomas are first hand!!.... please report on your experience in La Romana... I have done several ship's snorkel excursions in various ports and have nothing but good things to say about the ones I have taken.. the crew on the excursions have always been accommodating and even shown us where the best places to snorkel are and gotten in the water with us.. taken photos, etc.. enjoy your snorkeling!!

all my recommendations for St. Thomas are first hand!!.... please report on your experience in La Romana... I have done several ship's snorkel excursions in various ports and have nothing but good things to say about the ones I have taken.. the crew on the excursions have always been accommodating and even shown us where the best places to snorkel are and gotten in the water with us.. taken photos, etc.. enjoy your snorkeling!!

You weren't on Red Sail in Aruba when they crammed 125 souls onto a catamaran.

I booked it because I had previously done the Jolly Pirates thing and wanted a change.

My wrong headed decision was strongly influenced because I understood Red Sail to be a credible provider.

One look at that assault on humanity (only a slight exaggeration) was enough. I immediately backed away.

The shorex rep at the dock issued a refund voucher on the spot, no questions asked.

I've been on some cruise ship snorkels that were overcrowded, but that was the absolute definition of a cattle boat.

I've been on a number of poorly organized ship sponsored snorkel trips.

I only use them when independents aren't available, or port times are too short.

I've had a few good ship sponsored snorkel trips. Jolly Pirates was one. It, too, was overcrowded.

However, the crew (excellent) and the snorkeling (even better) made up for the numbers.

The ship's tour at Roatan, booked with Anthony's Key Resort, was absolutely first rate. Unfortunately,

the good ship tours stand out in my mind because they are relatively few.

BTW - I didn't say, nor even imply, that your USVI remarks were not first hand.

It's La Romana I was hoping for. I'll certainly write up my experience ASAP upon return.

However, the only snorkel trip I've found is ship sponsored.:p

Archived