Discover Scuba On St. Thomas

Has anyone done the Discover Scuba Diving on St. Thomas? Do you recommend it? What company does RCCL use? Many years ago I did a beginning scuba thre and this sounds alot like it. We put our gear on on the beach and than gradually walked into the water and before you knew it you were swimming under the water and seeing all kinds of exciting sea life.

Thanks for the help.

We went diving from shore at Coki Beach in St. Thomas - a rather nice and inexpensive dive. We noticed several people doing a "discover scuba" course there; it was probably arranged through the little dive shop on the beach. I have no idea whether Royal Caribbean brings their discover scuba people here, but bus loads of people came here from the ship to go snorkeling.

Coki beach isn't much of a beach, however, there's good snorkeling to be had there. The dive from shore was also pretty good; we dove to a depth of 60 feet and saw lots of corals and tons of fish. We took our own scuba equipment so all we rented were tanks and weights.

Hope this helps somewhat.

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

Not sure who RCCL uses in St. Thomas, but I know Princess uses Coki Beach for their Discover Scuba. They have a good operation there, safe and careful, with a nice dive.

However, I recommend [url="http://www.sawyerdive.vi"]Chris Sawyer Diving[/url]. Smaller number of people, you get boat diving and overall a fantastic company to work with.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">[i]Amber[/i]</font>
<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource
BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Archived