Future cruise credit

caribbeanboy

I have a future cruise credit of $250 I bought last year on the Pearl. I had 12 months to book another cruise. Nov 27 was the deadline. Can I still call NCL to book a cruise or is the voucher useless?

I would give NCL a call and see if the will extend the expiration date. I would not wait too long because it really is up to NCL, now, if they want to honor it. You have past the basic terms and conditions of the coupon.

I was given the distinct impression by the cruise consultant on Jade that NCL will be changing the 12 months deadline to 24 months beginning next year. We signed up for a cruise rewards certificate last week on Jade and were told that if we didn't book a cruise within 12 months we could call NCL and have the 12 months extended to 24. I would call NCL right away and ask for an extension on yours.

My wife and I just bought one of these on the Dawn and they gave us 12 months to book and until June 2011 to sail.

Darry Howard

Yes, that's the way it's set up now but we were told it was changing after the first of the year, and that those buying with the 12 month window could call and have it extended to 24 if they were unable to book a cruise in 12 months.

Yes, that's the way it's set up now but we were told it was changing after the first of the year, and that those buying with the 12 month window could call and have it extended to 24 if they were unable to book a cruise in 12 months.

If you do have it extended to 24 months, does the sail date extend too or does it stay at the 30 months.

It sounds like the 24 months will be good on ones already bought.

We were told we could change the booking any time up to the date of final payment.

It sounds like the best thing to do is call NCL.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a little confused about the cruise credit. I was under the impression that it paid the entire deposit for your cabin. Am I wrong or does it just pay the $250 toward the deposit due?

It pays the entire deposit except for categories A!, AA, A2, A3 and A4. You need to come up with another $2750 for a 7 day cruise in those categories.

Al

Because things are named so similiarly, to clarify:

- The Cruise Rewards Certificate is what this thread is about. It's where you pay the $250 onboard, and get $100 obc, plus $250 'banked' toward your next cruise, plus it can be used as the full deposit.

- A Future Cruise Credit is what they give you as a resolution to a complaint, or in the event that they have to issue a credit in lieu of refund...they call it an FCC.

Because things are named so similiarly, to clarify:

- The Cruise Rewards Certificate is what this thread is about. It's where you pay the $250 onboard, and get $100 obc, plus $250 'banked' toward your next cruise, plus it can be used as the full deposit.

- A Future Cruise Credit is what they give you as a resolution to a complaint, or in the event that they have to issue a credit in lieu of refund...they call it an FCC.

Thanks! I never know what to call it.

We just redeemed a Cruise Reward Certificate and it covered the entire deposit, even though the minimum deposit was over $250. I can't wait to get onboard so I can purchase another one.

$250 certificate - $100 OBC = $150 for a $250 future deposit............

Not a bad deal at all.

Archived