Ab penthouse with rollaway bed??

cruisecap

I don't believe there are roll away beds on NCL. I suppose you could bring an Aerobed but only a twin would be possible (and that would be a squeeze....maybe by moving the dining table and putting it in front of the other two doors). Come to think of it, it would most likely not be "allowed" because of fire regulations! The second bedroom is fine for 2 people, but it is a squeeze for three unless there are 2 little "ones."

wHERE WOULD YOU PUT THE ROLLAWAY??? Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

If NCL allows a rollaway bed it would go in the living room where the small couch is. The couch is removed from the living room. I have read on this board that this has been done in the past but I have never seen it.

I have stayed in an AB twice on Dawn and I cannot imagine that there is anywhere else in the cabin to put a Rollaway bed. The person will sleep in the common dining/living area and there will still be 2 chairs in the living room. This person will not have much privacy if they are a late sleeper.

5 adults in an AB it a really tight fit, even with all the space.

I don't believe there are roll away beds on NCL. .....

Roll away beds are readily available on NCL cruise ships. We had a couple in our Jade villa during our cruise this past February (they're twin size).

Unfortunately as we haven't stayed in an AB Penthouse (though we originally had one booked we got an upsell before we ever had a chance to stay in it) I can't comment personally on where it would go, but I too have read that when you want a roll away in an AB, NCL just removes the couch in the living room and puts the rollaway there. (I think if I we were doing that I'd ask that they give us a bunch of couch pillows too so it'd be more comfortable to use during the day like a daybed-couch.)

Cheers,

~Joyce

Wow! How many people did they allow in your Garden Villa to warrant roll aways?! I'm really surprised!:o Honestly it would ruin the ambience of the ABs for sure! We just loved the Jade and then the Pearl became our favorite! Star still has a place in our hearts too though!

Wow! How many people did they allow in your Garden Villa to warrant roll aways?! I'm really surprised!:o Honestly it would ruin the ambience of the ABs for sure! We just loved the Jade and then the Pearl became our favorite! Star still has a place in our hearts too though!

Keep in mind if you are not sharing beds without a roll aways the GV holds 3. :eek: Not unusual to have a couple of roll aways for just 6

Keep in mind if you are not sharing beds without a roll aways the GV holds 3. :eek: Not unusual to have a couple of roll aways for just 6

We had 7 family members in the GV - there was just TONS of space in this incredible Villa... in fact we kept losing track of each other, even when my other brother and his girlfriend would come up from their room on another deck and hang out with us. NCL said we could have had up to 8 occupants if we wanted.

Cheers,

Joyce

The GVs on the Jewel-class ships have three bedrooms. They hold up to 6 even without any rollaways. I think that they may hold up to 8 because they have a sofabed in the living room (or other living space--the GVs on those ships are huge, something like 4,000 sq ft).

beachchick

The GVs on the Jewel-class ships have three bedrooms. They hold up to 6 even without any rollaways. I think that they may hold up to 8 because they have a sofabed in the living room (or other living space--the GVs on those ships are huge, something like 4,000 sq ft).

beachchick

No sofa bed in the GVs. Once you get past 6 it is always rollaways

No sofa bed in the GVs. Once you get past 6 it is always rollaways

Thanks. That's good information to know. I did know that they've booked the Jewel-class GVs with up to 8 pax, but didn't know how they accomodated the "extras." (Obviously, we've not been blessed with cruising in one or I'd know; we did get a tour of one on Jade--WOW.):D

beachchick

Archived