10Day Noordam Review w/pics 11/27 Southern Caribbean

rebeljohn

One question I had for you was on the dining table assignment.. we also had early trad dining and I thought that meant you were definitely upstairs. With your table downstairs, did you have the early traditional or did you call every day to reserve it? I had suggested a long time ago to HAL that they could use some lower level tables for fixed seating since there were so many people who wanted it, and they said that was not their policy, so I am just curious if they have become more realistic on that.

We agree with virtually everything you folks found... except for the joys of cigars.....:rolleyes:

I guess that they had run out of tables upstairs for traditional dining, so they sat us downstairs with the AYD diners. We had the same table everynight, 107, and it was on our shipcards. Kinda' quiet down there too......

Interestingly - we ran into "operation dolphin" in Tortola on the other side of the island and took a few pics....

We saw them load the dolphins in the blue racks, then load them on the truck to go to the airport. They would not allow any pictures of the capturing/loading process........

Great Review!!!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences and your pictures!!! It means even more to be able to see faces with the text descriptions of the adventures!!!

We get our turn on the Noordam (Southern 10-day) commencing 22 February. Our port list varies from your, but we are sure we will enjoy oevery minute of it, as you did.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Denny & Karen ;):p

thank you so much for the pictures

i am going on my first noordam cruise nov/09

couple of questions

what kind of musical entertainment was there at night - were people dancing at night

did they have music by the pool during the day

thanks

carol

couple of questions

what kind of musical entertainment was there at night - were people dancing at night

did they have music by the pool during the day

thanks

carol

Carol...........

The Piano Bar had a pianist each evening, playing Piano Bar tunes usually from 9pm till it would close at midnight.

Disco and/or Karaoke was available in the Northern Lights from 9 pm until close, or around midinght. Lot of dancing going on there.

The Evergreen Quartet played clasical music each evening in the Explorer's Lounge, usually from 6pm until 11pm. Didn't see any dancing. I think it was just for relaxing..........elevator music at its best..........

The Lookouts played Dance music at the Ocean Bar, but we did not attend any thing held there............they also had a classical pianst playing there too...........

The HAL Cats performed at differnet times in the Crow's Nest and on deck for the deck parties.

Several Dance classes/lessons were held on sea days......

Thanks for the lovely review. We just looked at all of your pictures as well. I think we might even print out the one of you having coffee on the balcony and just pate our faces over it heheheh.

I have a question - we like to go on shore, come back for a light snack and rest, then have a late dinner. Did you find there were shows and things after later meals?

We are a little younger compared to what we were told about most HA cruises, but seeing your pictures, we're about the same age I think. What would you suggest a couple definitely experience while on board?

Thanks for the lovely review. We just looked at all of your pictures as well. I think we might even print out the one of you having coffee on the balcony and just pate our faces over it heheheh.

I have a question - we like to go on shore, come back for a light snack and rest, then have a late dinner. Did you find there were shows and things after later meals?

We are a little younger compared to what we were told about most HA cruises, but seeing your pictures, we're about the same age I think. What would you suggest a couple definitely experience while on board?

Some nights had two shows, one for early diners, and one for the late diners. You'll always find some kind of entertainment in the evenings.

You'll find plenty do to on board, your Daily Program will give you plenty of options for filling your day and night.............

I'd say that you certainly have the heart, head, and spirit for cruising. It seems clear that your merry band of friends had a super cruise on the Noordam.:D

We're booked for a 10 day Noordam cruise in February.

I'm sitting on go.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful review! Somehow I missed it earlier...getting ready for Christmas and all! I loved how you interspersed the review with photos. Thank you so much!

We'll be on the Noordam again in 26 days, so it started the excitement going here!

BTW, where did you find the hand truck? I'm looking for one that will fit handily in my luggage for flying, and that I can use to transport wine from Total Wine.

BTW, where did you find the hand truck? I'm looking for one that will fit handily in my luggage for flying, and that I can use to transport wine from Total Wine.

We found it at Target. Folds up quite nicely. Here are a couple of pics of it..............

2474603350041895530S425x425Q85.jpg

2668227210041895530S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived