Star Elevator Question

Lubbock2006

Back in September we were on the Star to Alaska and wondered into an elevator, (mid ship I think), and some dude followed us into the elevator and swipped his ID card on the controls as he entered. The dude was annoyed that it stopped on the next floor. So he swipped it again. The next floor stop time he was pretty distrubed when he swipped it again. Did his card not work or were we on his private elevator? DW and I decided that he probably had a high end suite and that a card was required to get to that suite but really, the guy was weird. I don't think this guy was from Texas.

In Oct. we were in a Garden Villa (great upsale) elevator 3 would not work for us. We could only get to the right deck when using the mid elevator.

The elevator stopped at each deck that anyone wanted on or off before going to the 14th floor. Maybe he just thought that it would go directly to the 14th deck.

Back in September we were on the Star to Alaska and wondered into an elevator, (mid ship I think), and some dude followed us into the elevator and swipped his ID card on the controls as he entered. The dude was annoyed that it stopped on the next floor. So he swipped it again. The next floor stop time he was pretty distrubed when he swipped it again. Did his card not work or were we on his private elevator? DW and I decided that he probably had a high end suite and that a card was required to get to that suite but really, the guy was weird. I don't think this guy was from Texas.

You were not on his private elevator. The person with the card had access to deck 14. We had these keys, too, and one of the elevators did not accept the card. The "poor" guy was probably upset he had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to his suite!

Similiar topic, does anyone know if the one elevator in the rear bank of elevators that goes to the Kids club floor can be used and accessed from that deck by anyone?

I am in a WC and looking for all the elevator help I can get to get around, honestly it is horrible on cruise ships having to use the elevators and never being able to get one or having people run in ahead of you before you can get on etc. not to mention kids playing in them making them that much less available.

Archived