Pride~~~Dec. 12-19th Information

Martita B.

Chairsin,

I saw that other posting too about by invitation program.

Hopefully that is not true. I haven't heard anything about it yet.

I know they were having a problem with the people that send them out. (a seperate company) I have friends on the same sailing as myself November 28th 2004 Pride and it took two trys to get it to them a total of 10 months.

It had to be manually applied as they just received the coupon yesterday and would never get it to Blue Lagoon Drive in time with the holidays.

mcboo

Hi McBoo and Chairsin,

Could you please elaborate on the referral coupon post? I sure hope it's not true, as it seems a bit disingenuous to give the names, which Seabourn gets to use, and then deny the benefit.

Thanks,

Denyse

Denyse~~~Howdy Girlfriend!

I also had problems securing my "Guest Referral" on board credit.....I mailed it in 3 months ago when I made the final booking payment. (as they instruct you to do) I finally called Tessie, also e-mailed her. After a few weeks of her "searching" for the referral, she e-mailed me and just said, "you're on board credit for Dec. 12th is in place"........I actually think she never found it! But tacked it on anyway.......Let me add, Tessie is a jewel! If you have any problems, she is more than happy to help in any way.

I so hope they do NOT discontinue this "perk".......it most certainly is an incentive to book Seabourn. I don't know of any other line that offers such a generous gift!

Have a wonderful holiday Caribbean cruise!

I'll see you and hubby in March, for sure! Carumba!

MB

Denyse,

Based on Martita's posting I think I had better contact Tessie and make sure the credit has been applied to our Dec cruise -- I mailed the certificate to Blue Lagoon return receipt requested and got back the card showing they signed for it but you never know. Last year when we boarded we found our account had not been credited and had to have the purser E-mail Richard at the Seabourn Club to get the credit posted to our account.

Mcboo,

It is a good deal but they do seem to try to make it difficult for us -- almost like using frequent flyer miles.

Chairsin,

You have that right. But in Tessie's defense she has been really wonderful about it and made sure that it was posted. It appears that the people that mail out the certificates are from a seperate company. Once the reach Blue Lagoon Drive I am sure they will be taken care of. However with the reorganization there I would check to make sure.

Better safe than sorry and you don't want to have to do it onboard as that takes time away from champagne, caviar, grey goose and all our Seabourn friends and family.

mcboo:):)

chairsin~~~may be a good idea to call Tessie Monday and ask about your on board credit. This was the second time they "misplaced" my $500 credit. Before our March Crossing, sweet Kevin couldn't locate it anywhere.......finally my good friend, Danny (accounting dept.) "came off the bench" and I was credited......It absolutely has to do with mailing it to Coral Springs, Florida.....which IS the correct address. Sometimes, though, it just sits there!

MORE rain in West Texas! The countryside almost resembles New England! All the trees have turned gorgeous shades of yellow, orange and bright red! Very unusual for this part of the country.......we are on the edge of the Texas Hill country, (rolling liveoaks) which is quite beautiful in the fall.......all of the 'ole bowlegged cowpokes, hanging out in the coffeeshops, are grinning from ear to ear! Each receiving more rain than their neighbors!

Happy Turkey Day!

MB

I have a question about how the referral credit works. I sent mine in and about 3 weeks later, my brother booked his first cruise (OK, it's my gift, but that's immaterial, I think.) I understand they are due the credit for their 'cruise to nowhere' in the fall. Does that mean, I will get my credit my crossing and 'cruise to nowhere'? I have not heard anything other than their credit info from my TA and wonder, am I due a call? I don't want it any sooner than the crossing. Should I just sit tight?

Jane

Hi Martha and friends,

I sent my coupon to the TA who is handling my booking, and he will mail it in with the final payment. I did have trouble receiving the coupons---the same issue you all alluded to regarding the outside vendor.

It seems to me that those of us who have already sent in the referrals and have received the coupons as part of the referral promotion (which I assume is probably alot of us!) are entitled to receive the credits, as the referrals are being used by Seabourn. If Seabourn wants to do away with the referral program prospectively, that is certainly within their purview. I don't believe, however, they can legally make it retroactive after receiving the benefit of the referral names.

I hope this isn't a bad omen of future things to come, but it does seem that changes are in the wind ("say it isn't so"!!!).

Denyse

Denyse~~~I wish I could tell you "it aint' SO".......but these days I'm not surprised at any change......

I was told NOT to worry about Seabourn for 2 years.........would that be after "dry dock?" Why would someone be interested in buying us AFTER all the remodling and refurbishments? I would think they would want to do their OWN reconditioning.

I just hope Carnival realizes that "The Three Yacht's" are indeed distinct and irreplaceable! Where would we go? I hope that day never comes when ALL of us have to settle for 2nd best! There are many, many of us, worldwide, that feel this way.......

Just my thoughts.......

Have a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving!

MB

Speaking of our favourite triplets, yesterday, on Live with Regis and Kelly, the contest winner picked the 'Seabourn Cruise in the Med' as his prize and won! There was a brief video of one of the ships and I think that only the $17k price tag got the audience ahs...

If only they knew!

Jane in PHL (starting to pack...)

Jane~~~~I know of their little downtown grocery store.......have been in several times. I think you'll be able to find cheeses there.......it's right on the main street........I love to go in and browse! French gourmet goodies!

Hope all had a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving! We had a great time at the ranch and we were fortunate we had NO accidents! Am tired and worn out......what I need is a 7 day luxury cruise on the PRIDE ship!!!!

MB

Archived