trafalgar falls/emerald pool/champagne reef

joycefnp

Does anyone have any suggestion for a tour guide who will let us customize our tour a little more? I have communicated with Levi of Bumpiing tours, but we really don't want to spend all day in a van. We would like to hike up to the falls/pool, then go to snorkel at the Champagne reef, then hopefull hit another snorkel site. Has anyone arranged a tour like this? Our trip is in less than a month, so we really need to get some plans made!

Thanks in advance!

We toured with Pepper of Pepper's Tours. I had done a lot of research before the trip and had a list of things I wanted to see. He took me to those and others that were close by and he thought we would be interested in seeing. We were very happy with him. He was phenomenal: great personality, safe driver, knowledgeable and honest. His prices were the best I found. He charges between 140-160USD **per day** not per person. (we paid 140.00 USD per day, but we toured with him for several days. For one day's tour he would probably charge his full rate of 160.00.) Our tours were private with just my husband and I as the passengers.

As he is such a stand-up person you can rest assured that you will see as much of Dominica as possible in your allotted time, no worries that he is doing what is easiest for him and not necessarily best for the guest. He really cares about his guests' experience and was very proud of his stellar reviews on Trip Advisor so he is quite intent on continuing his excellent reputation(he owns two accomodations and had previously concentrated on just acting as a tour guide for his guests but has recently begun branching out into taking guests from other accomodations and cruise ship passengers on tours as well). He was very reliable and always showed up on time, even on the morning he picked us up at 6am!

His contact information is: pepperscottage.com askpepper@pepperscottage.com

767-616-4321 or 767-245-1234 if calling from the U.S. you only need to dial "1" and then the phone number, no need for 011 or a country code (as it is when calling all Caribbean islands, by the way)

I actually read your post on another thread and already emailed him! Just waiting for a response. Thanks so much. I assume you wouldn't recommend just taking a taxi to the falls, and iring a guide from there? How far apart are the falls from the Emerald pool? Do youhave to get into the caar and drive, or so you hike from one to another?

Hi,

You have to drive from Trafalgar Falls to Emerald Pool. It is about a 40 minute drive (20 min Trafalgar Falls to Roseau and then 20 min Roseau to Emerald Pool). You don't need a guide at Trafalgar unless you plan on walking up to Mother or Father Falls for a closer look. Some people walk up to Mother Falls by themselves, it is a pretty straightforward trail. But if you want to swim in the pool you *must have a guide* for safety's sake. The rocks are very slippery close to the falls. You could hire a cab to get from Roseau to Trafalgar but by the time you added up the fare of that and then the fare to EP and then Champagne Reef and then back to the ship you might as well have a guided tour and not have the hassle. Plus I don't know if there are taxis at Emerald Pool so one might have to wait for you there while you walk the path- that won't be cheap.

Archived