Need beach help, please

senseidai

DH and I will be on Serenade of the Seas January 3-10. I'm starting to research beaches (thank you so much everyone!!) but I'm having a hard time finding information on admissions, restroom facilities, etc., through a Google search. Based on what other posters have said, it sounds like good beach choices are Brighton Beach, Paynes Bay and Carlisle Bay. Like I said, when I do a search, all I come up with is hotel and time share info. I'm not a spur-of-the-moment-girl: I like to have everything planned before I arrive. Should we go to one of these beaches, or should we combine beaching with a tour? This is the first time in Barbados for us. Any suggestions are appreciated, especially cost ;-)

Was there last week. We opted for what I believe was called the Boathouse. It is $4 pp each way. Once there, you can do the (rip off) 'bracelet' at the Boathouse Bar or meander a bit further down the beach and get 2 lounge chairs and an umbrella for $10 total (vs. $30) The included drink at the Boathouse I assume is a watered down punch concoction. Bank's beer are $3@

I find Barbados brutal for that compared to St. Martin where you get 2 chairs an umbrella and six Heineken for $15

Just got back last week off the Serenade. We had planned on doing Accra, but decided on Folkestone for the snorkeling. It just happened to be a bad day for it - the weather was pretty rough on the seas and murked it up. But there were a few locals there and a police officer watching everything, also lifeguards on duty. So I would recommend this beach any day. Chairs for rent and food right there. Bathrooms and shower also. The locals we talked to said this is the place for snorkeling. So we'll have to try it again the next time we go.

We had planned on taking the bus there and go cheaply. We had a group of 7, so at the tour office on the way out I asked how to get there, they'll give you a map and tell you which bus to take. Well, we started walking thru all the taxi's and they will hound you - they start out at $15 pp, and by the time we had worked our way outside the gates they were down to $9, we kept walking and eventually got down to $3 pp to take us there!! We thought that was a deal and took it. The driver offered to pick us up at 1pm and then drove us back toward the ship to Brandon's beach for another $3 pp. A very beautiful beach!! The ship is in sight from here and you can walk the 1/2 hr to the ship...which I enjoyed - I needed the exercise badly. There is a restaurant and bathrooms there. The flying fish was excellent!! The driver did offer to come back and pick us up and take us back to the ship for $1. So if you get a good taxi driver, he'll stick with you most the day.

DH and I will be on Serenade of the Seas January 3-10. I'm starting to research beaches (thank you so much everyone!!) but I'm having a hard time finding information on admissions, restroom facilities, etc., through a Google search. Based on what other posters have said, it sounds like good beach choices are Brighton Beach, Paynes Bay and Carlisle Bay. Like I said, when I do a search, all I come up with is hotel and time share info. I'm not a spur-of-the-moment-girl: I like to have everything planned before I arrive. Should we go to one of these beaches, or should we combine beaching with a tour? This is the first time in Barbados for us. Any suggestions are appreciated, especially cost ;-)

Approx 3 dollars per person to get there with a 15 dollar per person admission charge. This gets you one drink, one lounge and A GREAT TIME. You will see a lot of crew from the ship there. Went last year and repeating in about 3 weeks. Oh the 15 also gets you FREE transportation back to the ship. Good I idea as none of could have driven!

http://www.theboatyard.com/

Approx 3 dollars per person to get there with a 15 dollar per person admission charge. This gets you one drink, one lounge and A GREAT TIME. You will see a lot of crew from the ship there. Went last year and repeating in about 3 weeks. Oh the 15 also gets you FREE transportation back to the ship. Good I idea as none of could have driven!

http://www.theboatyard.com/

Yes, I think the Boatyard it is! 2 weeks from today we'll be on our way :cool:

What ship will you be on?

I think we will be there Jan 8th? Thats without lookin it up!

How many time did you listen to home page;)

We're on Serenade of the Seas leaving January 3. And we're also there January 8. So either we're on the same ship or both our ships dock in Barbados on the same day.

Archived