Another 50% deposit sail on the way!

skyking

Okay, I just booked the Navigator for 4/2.. did it while on board the last Nav cruise... can I move that booking out to August and switch to Liberty (keeping the booking # the same) and then book during the sale and move our Nav sailing up to 3/19? Well book a brand new Nav sailing for 3/19. I have 1 NC with the family/friend thing for that Liberty Sailing, but I need 3 rooms... so I can use the current booking I have, and then use the NC to book the other 2 rooms (with the family/friend thing)?

Since this sale is not officaly announced can we cancel now and rebook to get the lower deposit and the OBC?

Good question, and honestly I do not know the answer. And of course if we call and ask RCCL, that will tip them off. :(

so i need to wait and see if the cruise i want is on the list of sail dates? there is no place to look right now?

the 50% off deposit starts the 1st. what about the obc sale?

does the price of the cruise usually go up with the sale? right now i can get a really good deal on the cruise i want. should i wait to book it after the 1st?

sorry so many questions:)

The OBC sail is Jan 5-19. I would attach the flyers here, but they have my agency info on them and that probably is in violation of board T&Cs. If you post a specific ship, sail date that you're looking at, I can let you know if it qualifies for an OBC.

I haven't seen RCCL/Celebrity jack up prices right before a sale, but if a price you are looking at right now is a senior fare, resident rate, WOW, etc. then it may no longer be available by the time the sale starts.

Thanks for letting us know! While I understand that WOW sales aren't for everyone because you cannot combine other discounts, I wish those people, instead of knocking the sale, would understand that it is a good sale for many of us who don't have access to other offers. Like me.

As another poster said, why should RCI have a full deposit from me so far in advance. For a family of more than 2 people, the difference can add up to a nice sum of money that can be earning interest in my bank account in the meantime. My husband, for one, is very reluctant to reserve a cruise too far in advance, not because we cannot afford it, but because he doesn't want to tie up that much money so far ahead of time.

I suppose it is a good deal for some. Not sure, though. Everyone is knocking the NC certificate, but if I pay $100 for a NC, I can get up to $250 OBC for a longer cruise as well as two friends and family certificates, making it possible for others to get the same OBC. Isn't that better? RCCL still gets only $100 of my money. Am I reading this wrong?

. . . but I need 3 rooms... so I can use the current booking I have, and then use the NC to book the other 2 rooms (with the family/friend thing)?

You can do three rooms - yours is the main booking and two others with your two F&F certificates.

Good question, and honestly I do not know the answer. And of course if we call and ask RCCL, that will tip them off. :(

The OBC sail is Jan 5-19. I would attach the flyers here, but they have my agency info on them and that probably is in violation of board T&Cs. If you post a specific ship, sail date that you're looking at, I can let you know if it qualifies for an OBC.

I haven't seen RCCL/Celebrity jack up prices right before a sale, but if a price you are looking at right now is a senior fare, resident rate, WOW, etc. then it may no longer be available by the time the sale starts.

Can you check for any sales on the Explorer Of the Seas? It usually doesn't make the list for WOW or many sales.

Thanks!

Will the OBC be combinable with Visa pts credit and/or TA OBC?

TA OBC will depend ... if it's actually a group OBC then the answer is no. If the TA is purchasing OBC for you as a gift, then the answer should be yes.

Visa Points, I'm not 100% sure but I think it's combinable.

Can you check for any sales on the Explorer Of the Seas? It usually doesn't make the list for WOW or many sales.

Thanks!

$50 OBC

Explorer of the Seas®

5-Night Bermuda

August 15, 29; September 12, 26; October 10, 24;

November 7, 2009

Departing from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, New Jersey

$100 OBC

Explorer of the Seas®

9-Night Canada & New England

September 3, 17; October 1, 15, 2009

----------------------------------------------------

8/9-Night Eastern Caribbean

November 12, 21; December 11, 2009; February 5,

26, 2010

Explorer of the Seas®

9-Night Bermuda 7 Caribbean

August 20, 2009

$200 OBC

Explorer of the Seas®

12/13-Night Southern Caribbean

November 29, 2009; January 24; February 14;

March 28, 2010

for October 13 of 2009? Thank you so much.:)

$200 OBC

Brilliance of the Seas®

10-Night Canary Islands & Morocco

March 20, 2009

Departing from Barcelona, Spain

12-Night Mediterranean Venice/Greek Isles

May 22; August 26; October 1, 13, 25, 2009

11/12-Night Egypt & Eastern Mediterranean

November 6, 18, 30; December 12, 2009

Hopefully this sale will help me figure out which ship I want... I want to do something in 2010 since I have enough booked for 2009 (unless I get a really good deal). Let me get this right... We have to book between 01-01-09 through 02-28-09 to receive the reduced deposit and in order to get the OBC on selected sailings you have to book between 01-05-09 through 01-19-09, correct?

This will be my first sailing with RCI...so I am really excited!

Is the Oasis included in this?

No OBC offers for Oasis at all ... the RCCL rep I talked with on Friday said Oasis is eligible for the 50% reduced deposit, but then our Business Development Manager with RCCL was skeptical about Oasis being included in the reduced deposit offer. Guess we'll know for sure by the end of this month.

Hopefully this sale will help me figure out which ship I want... I want to do something in 2010 since I have enough booked for 2009 (unless I get a really good deal). Let me get this right... We have to book between 01-01-09 through 02-28-09 to receive the reduced deposit and in order to get the OBC on selected sailings you have to book between 01-05-09 through 01-19-09, correct?

you are correct

What about Majesty for March/April? Or Navigator for 3/19?

Don't see Navigator on the list for 3/19

$50 OBC

Majesty of the Seas®

3/4-Night Bahamas

March 2, 6, 13, 20, 23, 27, 30; April 3, 10, 24, 27;

May 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25; June 1, 15, 29; July 6, 2009

Departing from Miami, Florida

$50 OBC

Majesty of the Seas®

3/4-Night Bahamas

Thank you very much! I am thinking of changing from Navigator to Majesty and the OBC helps!

For those of us close to the West coast... are there sailings from LA or San Diego that are eligible for the OBC?

$50 OBC

Radiance of the Seas®

4/5-Night Mexican Riviera

October 4, 9, 14, 19, 24, 29; November 2, 7, 12, 16, 21, 30;

December 11, 21, 2009

Departing from San Diego, California

$100 OBC

Mariner of the Seas®

7-Night Mexican Riviera

May 31; June 21, 28; July 5, 12, 19; August 2, 9, 16, 23;

September 6, 13, 20, 27, 2009

Departing from Los Angeles, California

$200 OBC

Serenade of the Seas®

13/14-Night Eastbound Panama Canal

October 3 & November 1, 2009

Departing from San Diego, California

$50 OBC

Majesty of the Seas®

3/4-Night Bahamas

What about the Majesty on Feb 9th or 16th? (4 day)

Also, the Grandeur on Feb 16th. (5 day)

Thanks in advance.:)

Archived