Grand Princess April 12, 2008

thyme

Did anyone out there sail on the Grand Princess in April? Wanted to advise you that your Brazillian Visa may not have been validated and can not be back validated. We're scheduled to travel with Princess in January and just found out we have to reapply for Brazilian Visas that would have been good for 5 years.....

Denise and I were on the same cruise. We did not stop in Devil's Island as the water was two rough but next stop wad Fortaleza. I just looked at our passports, they were not stamped for that visit but we had a sticker from a previous visit in November of 2006, that says they are good for 5 years. The sticker also says it is good for multiple entries, when I looked after the cruise I guess I thought that they did not have to be stamped anymore.

Alan

You're lucky you were travelling on one that had been validated in 2006. Anyone with a new Visa will have to reply and Princess is saying "they aren't responsible...it was the Port Agents responsibility". The fact that Princess had possession of all passports that were given to the port agent (a sub contractor) make for a lot of questions. My thought is anyone who was on the sailing should check to see if they were stamped and if not get in touch with the cruise line so they realize this wasn't an isolated incident.

Archived