Best Place in Nassau

azurewater

Hi from the iced in midwest....

The cold and ice have me thinking of our weekend getaway in Janaury to Nassau. Question is....

Where are the best places to snorkel in Nassau? We prefer not to go on a tour if possible, but would consider if priced reasonably.

Thanks and have a great holiday!

Joy

Been there, done those. Just got back from Cozumel, and was in Cayman and Honduras at beginning of the year.

This is a cheap cruise spur of the moment cruise over a weekend. fit schedule and wallet perfectly.

But thanks for your thoughts anyway. Anyone out there know of good beaches and snorkleing in NASSAU.

Joy

Check out Stuart Cove's snorkel tour.I understand the boat stops at 3 different sites and the price includes roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship pier.The last snorkel stop is near the "Shark Arena" where you can visit the Caribbean Reef Sharks---awesum creatures. I did the "Shark Awareness Class" with Stuart and Michelle in November.They run a first class operation.Here is their website:

www.stuartcove.com

Hi from the iced in midwest....

The cold and ice have me thinking of our weekend getaway in Janaury to Nassau. Question is....

Where are the best places to snorkel in Nassau? We prefer not to go on a tour if possible, but would consider if priced reasonably.

Thanks and have a great holiday!

Joy

Nassau really doesn't have any shore snorkeling or diving. If you go to the south side of the island I'd recommend Suart Cove's boat snorkel. They pick up at most all Nassau hotels and piers with advanced reservations (about a 15-20 min. ride from Nassau to their dock). If you want to leave out of Nassau pretty much any snorkel company will work. These places almost always go to "Thunderball reef", the reef where they filmed the James Bond movie of the same name. It's actually a very good reef and Nassau's got some of the clearest water around (rent 'into the blue' with Jessica Alba. It was filmed in Nassau and the underwater scenes really show off how clear the vis is :)).

Randall

Check out Stuart Cove's snorkel tour.I understand the boat stops at 3 different sites and the price includes roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship pier.The last snorkel stop is near the "Shark Arena" where you can visit the Caribbean Reef Sharks---awesum creatures. I did the "Shark Awareness Class" with Stuart and Michelle in November.They run a first class operation.Here is their website:

www.stuartcove.com

I agree with Dive Master. My wife and I both used Stuart Cove's in November. They picked us up at the pier and dropped us back off after we were done. I can't recommend them highly enough. Just book your reservation in advance.

Archived