Blackjack limits currently on the Jade

rcpd807

I am sailing on the Jade Jan 4th and was curious if anyone has sailed recently on the Jade and knew what the min and max where at the blackjack table.:D

I guess I needed to be more clear. I am looking for the min and max betting limits. Sorry for the confusion.

Max is normally $500. Min depends on when/where. Usually $5 or $10 ($10 especially later in the evening) on most tables that have auto-shufflers. 6 deck shoes are usually started at $10 and increased all the way to $50 last night of the cruise.

This was on Spirit a few weeks ago but I'm guessing its pretty much fleet wide.

I guess I needed to be more clear. I am looking for the min and max betting limits. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh. Those are more.

Just teasing; getting in touch with my inner Microsoft Help Desk technician. FWIW, tables start at $5 minimum, and I think those have maximums of $300. There are higher stakes tables of course, but they weren't on my dance card, so I don't recall the parameters.

I was the leader in the blackjack tourney going into the last day, but I went down in flames in the final. The fun was very much worth the price of admission.

Have fun. (And set and know your limits.)

Oh. Those are more.

Just teasing; getting in touch with my inner Microsoft Help Desk technician. FWIW, tables start at $5 minimum, and I think those have maximums of $300. There are higher stakes tables of course, but they weren't on my dance card, so I don't recall the parameters.

I was the leader in the blackjack tourney going into the last day, but I went down in flames in the final. The fun was very much worth the price of admission.

Have fun. (And set and know your limits.)

Ah, the blackjack tourny. True story. In the qualifier I had 4000+ and two others had 3000 plus (remember these aren't dollars). Everyone before me (and I had last bet) went all in. Stupid me did as well.

Drew a 19 but dealer had ace up. Dealer looked, no blackjack. Driver seat right, the only card that could be beat me is if the dealer had a 9 for a 20.

One bust but it comes back to the dealer. Who turned over a 10 for a blackjack! The whole table was zeroed out. A little complaining about not turning over the 10 immediately but it really didn't matter. :(

6 deck shoes are usually started at $10 and increased all the way to $50 last night of the cruise.

I think blackjack was only paid at 2:1 on the six-deck shoe. Or perhaps I'm thinking of a single-deck table. I might be muddling how the tourney was dealt with what was available at the open tables. I do remember this: I thought myself clever to retain the "Free Ace" coupon until I'd watched whichever it was -- the single deck or the six deck shoe -- go by in a fashion that loaded the remainder of the deck with faces. But when I woke up to the fact that blackjacks were rewarded so anemically, I lost interest.

Your true story is so remarkably familiar, I'm wondering if it played out on the same cruise where I saw it happen: to Mexico on the Sun, mid-October?

If not, well, take solace that you are in good company.

On Spirit out of New Orleans a few weeks ago (second cruise out of Dry Dock). One of our cruise mates did manage to make it to the final but flamed out. We had a bunch of those buy one/get one free coupons for entry into the tournament so a bunch of us played. It was a good time but the b**t kicking on that final hand I'll chuckle about for a long time.

Archived