parking in NYC for 10 night Dawn cruise

jvezlife

I believe it's $24/day.....heres a link the the New York passenger ship terminal. NYPST I think by the time you spend cab fare from another parking garage it's still probably cheaper to pasrk at the pier...I could be wrong but I cant think of anywhere to park around the west side for less than $20 / day

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOw MUCH IS THE PARKING at the NYC pier.

We are going on the NCL Dawn for the 10 night 12/9-12/19.

IS it worth parking at a garage in the city instead of the ships paeking area.

Please help

Thanks

JV

Parking in the city would cost way more than parking at the port. However, me and my husband are doing the 11 day Dawn in January and we are going to park at the Weekhawken Ferry parking lot for $7 a day. We will take the "ferry" over to NYC ports and walk about 3/4 mile to the ship. If you have bags that roll on wheels then it's not that big a deal to walk...if not then I would not suggest doing it. Parking in Weehawken is almost half the cost of parking at the pier...one could have many more "foo foo" drinks for that money... :D

I just checked the NYPST site and monthly parking (for 8 days or more) is $180. That makes it only $18 a day for a 10 day cruise. We've parked there before and it really is convinient to have you car waiting right there when you get back.

Carole

You will pay the monthly rate for parking at the pier for all stays over 7 days. The pier is very safe and guarded 24/7 ..... I'm very particular about where my car is parked and had no problems parking it their twice during my last two sailings... It has been reported that when there is snow during the winter, they even brush off your cars for you before you arrive back into port.

Chris Connolly <== driving himself again this winter

OK.....sorry I couldn't help.....see you on board!!! We have a role call web site, come over and say hello!!! Mark

We also have a CC Meeting planned for Friday morning, 10:30 am at Star Bar. as Beardie said, come on over to the Roll Call board, and make plans for attending our gathering.

You should consider the bus booked through NCL.

50.00 PP round trip. Booked it from So Jersey in the summer, was very convenient and would do it again..

Too cold to walk 3/4 mile iin NY in December.

Have fun.

Parking in the city would cost way more than parking at the port. However, me and my husband are doing the 11 day Dawn in January and we are going to park at the Weekhawken Ferry parking lot for $7 a day. We will take the "ferry" over to NYC ports and walk about 3/4 mile to the ship. If you have bags that roll on wheels then it's not that big a deal to walk...if not then I would not suggest doing it. Parking in Weehawken is almost half the cost of parking at the pier...one could have many more "foo foo" drinks for that money... :D

You should consider the bus booked through NCL.

50.00 PP round trip. Booked it from So Jersey in the summer, was very convenient and would do it again..

Too cold to walk 3/4 mile iin NY in December.

Have fun.

True and we would have definately considered riding the bus but we have 2 dogs that we drop off to be boarded on our way. It's not far from NYC so it's not an option to drop them off the day before. We need to take our car so we can do that.

Actually, on our up coming cruise Dawn will be the only ship in port that day. We think we just may decide to park at the port since the traffic should not be all that bad. It will cost more, but it may be worth it.

JV...

We are going with you on the Dawn 12/9. We are sharing a van from LI. If you are interested, let me know as we have more room. You'd save a great deal. Mark

Beardie

I'll be on the 1/9/05 sailing and I also live on LI. Are you renting a van or is this a company with ride sharing. Thanks for any information. mary

Archived