one F3 only

smeyer418

I'm so happy with NCL! I love the F3 concept and they've only unveiled two parts of it! :D

It's sad to see that they're only going to build one of the ships as opposed to the two. I wonder what design changes were made. This ship was going to be groundbreaking in the sense that it was going to focus around smaller spaces and get rid of big places like a main dining room and show lounge. I wonder if that was too much for Apollo Management to swallow? Either way, she's still getting built and I'm very happy and cannot wait for May 2010!!

New details are coming soon too said the press release so I eagerly await those! I hope the ship sails from Miami because I'll be booking her for sure! :D

As for a comment made about the French shipyard... you better believe that shipyard can't deliver anything on time that is correctly built. It's the worst place to build a ship in Europe. I wished Meyer-Wreft got the contract to build this F3. At least I know the ship would be functional! I sailed on the second cruise of the Coral Princess built in St. Nazarie. The ship was delivered late causing several cruises to be cancelled. When it was delivered the revolving stages in the aft showlounge had their motors installed BACKWARDS! That was only the small list of problems as the engineers were on the sailing with us still fixing other problems and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the crew because their area of the ship was still being finished with some rooms not having proper HVAC hook up. I hope to goodness that they do a much better job on the F3 but with the dispute it's anyone's guess....

Happy Holidays! :D

so are you all saying they are droping the Egypt & Greek Isles Istanbul to Athens itenary that the Jade has been doing for 2010??:confused::confused:

Still doing it:

2010: January 3, 24; February 14; March 7, 28

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/itineraries.html?shipCode=JADE&destinationCode=EUROPE&subDestinationCode=&duration=12

I'm so happy with NCL! I love the F3 concept and they've only unveiled two parts of it! :D

It's sad to see that they're only going to build one of the ships as opposed to the two. I wonder what design changes were made. This ship was going to be groundbreaking in the sense that it was going to focus around smaller spaces and get rid of big places like a main dining room and show lounge. I wonder if that was too much for Apollo Management to swallow? Either way, she's still getting built and I'm very happy and cannot wait for May 2010!!

New details are coming soon too said the press release so I eagerly await those! I hope the ship sails from Miami because I'll be booking her for sure! :D

As for a comment made about the French shipyard... you better believe that shipyard can't deliver anything on time that is correctly built. It's the worst place to build a ship in Europe. I wished Meyer-Wreft got the contract to build this F3. At least I know the ship would be functional! I sailed on the second cruise of the Coral Princess built in St. Nazarie. The ship was delivered late causing several cruises to be cancelled. When it was delivered the revolving stages in the aft showlounge had their motors installed BACKWARDS! That was only the small list of problems as the engineers were on the sailing with us still fixing other problems and I couldn't help but feel sorry for the crew because their area of the ship was still being finished with some rooms not having proper HVAC hook up. I hope to goodness that they do a much better job on the F3 but with the dispute it's anyone's guess....

Happy Holidays! :D

I bet she is gonna be so pertty...:D

I would like to sail her too, although I do not like the huge monster ships, she will be one i will try

I bet she is gonna be so pertty...:D

I would like to sail her too, although I do not like the huge monster ships, she will be one i will try

The various club venues were enough to sell me on this ship. It'll be the largest I'll have ever sailed on. Let folks sail with a City (eg Oasis). I'll stick to Grand-class (Princess) and Jewel class (NCL) ships. Those are big enough. However, the F3 with all its different club venues definitely looks like it's going to be an incredible ship! I can't wait!!! :D

The various club venues were enough to sell me on this ship. It'll be the largest I'll have ever sailed on. Let folks sail with a City (eg Oasis). I'll stick to Grand-class (Princess) and Jewel class (NCL) ships. Those are big enough. However, the F3 with all its different club venues definitely looks like it's going to be an incredible ship! I can't wait!!! :D

I completely agree with you and the Oasis was way too big for me

Those are the 12n ex BCN med rome/athens/izmir/egypt, not the Athens to Istanbul they did in 2008 and will again 2009

April 2010 the Jade drop into a 7n western med round trip ex BCN with the Gem taking up the greek option from Venice.

As is so often the case the devil is in the details and so far NCL has not provided much in the way of details. They note that the second F3 will not be built and that there will be design changes in the first ship but don't provide any information as to whether or not these changes will include a reintroduction of a main theater and dining room, things which, while they were certainly revolutionary, may have been part of the reason that some folks (including apparently Apollo) were not thrilled about the concept and were not terribly disappointed when it appeared that the ship might not be built. While I understand that the current economy may make it difficult to build additional F3 ships in the near future, how will they incorporate this totally different ship into their marketing plans for the NCL fleet as a whole?

Will the rest of the fleet suffer by comparison or will the differences between F3 and the rest of the ships in the fleet mean that there will be two very different NCL cruise experiences?

Hopefully, NCL will reveal more about the ship and its new designs in the not too distant future, so that we can judge whether the design changes will really make a difference. While it is encouraging to read some enthusiasm from NCL fans reacting to the news,:) I still recall the distinct lack of disappointment evinced by so many when it looked like prospects of even one F3 ship were dead.:rolleyes:

I bet she will sail out of Barcelona on some Inaugrual cruises before she will reposition to Miami (November 2010) for the christening and so on! You could never fill a ship that size for long very port intensive cruises or out of mor unatractive areas. They want to make money and the ship needs to be easy reached by the infrastructure and it needs a port to support it.

ok my 2 cents for what it is worth. The Florida summer route to the caribbean is a highly discounted cruising area, as is the Caribbean in the summer(off season). NCL has traditionally been able to charge much higher rates for cruises out of NY(look at what it chrages for the Bahamas runs out of NY and Miami). NCL also promised the NY ports x number of passengers-in fact it recieves a rebate on the port charges for passengers in excess of x-y. So NY which recently redid the piers and has a pier mostly empty(only 2-3 ships leave per week from Brooklyn) may be in then running dollar wise-penny pushers take notice.

While it is encouraging to read some enthusiasm from NCL fans reacting to the news,:) I still recall the distinct lack of disappointment evinced by so many when it looked like prospects of even one F3 ship were dead.:rolleyes:

I wasn't crazy about the way the wave designed rooms were built. Especially with the shower area. That didn't sit well with me but I completely fell in love with F3 when they unveiled the nightlife options onboard. FINALLY a cruise ship that respects the people who like to stay up later! So much deck space is wasted at night on cruise ships and only charter companies seem to figure out how to transform these spaces at night. If I didn't know any better I'd say NCL got the idea for their aft nightclub from a company that used to charter them quite frequently. Should be interesting to see if the company returns when this vessel is put to sea.

No one likes change until they try it. The ship would still get filled by first time people who would want to try it. However, there will just be more room for those of us who like the F3 experience if other NCL cruisers are not interested in the ship! It also means a cheaper cruise fare for me too! :) F3 will be innovative and I look forward to seeing the rest of what she'll have onboard. I hope Apollo didn't mess it up too much but I have a feeling they might have. We'll just have to wait and see! :D

ok my 2 cents for what it is worth. The Florida summer route to the caribbean is a highly discounted cruising area, as is the Caribbean in the summer(off season). NCL has traditionally been able to charge much higher rates for cruises out of NY(look at what it chrages for the Bahamas runs out of NY and Miami). NCL also promised the NY ports x number of passengers-in fact it recieves a rebate on the port charges for passengers in excess of x-y. So NY which recently redid the piers and has a pier mostly empty(only 2-3 ships leave per week from Brooklyn) may be in then running dollar wise-penny pushers take notice.

If it sails from NYC then it saves me money on airfare! Even better!! No TSA nightmare either! :D

I'm so glad to hear this! Now my coin on its hull won't end up in some scrap yard and will actually make it to the sea for decades to come!

Any ideas what they might have changed James? ;)

It is good to see that she'll be going to sea after all. I knew they'd take the one that already had the keel laid but from all the stuff I was reading I knew the second one was doomed. It's too bad. The more types of these ships out there the more the other cruise lines will have to worry about losing their younger crowds (re: nightlife onboard F3). I can't wait to experience all these nightclubs / lounges! :)

So much deck space is wasted at night on cruise ships and only charter companies seem to figure out how to transform these spaces at night. If I didn't know any better I'd say NCL got the idea for their aft nightclub from a company that used to charter them quite frequently. Should be interesting to see if the company returns when this vessel is put to sea.

The crowd I saw on my last main stream Dawn cruise did not seem the type that would want to dance and party on the back deck until 4AM.

No matter where the ship home ports, I just don't think they will pick up an RSVP/Atlantis type crowd each week. (I am not referring to sexual orientation.)

A full ship charter, (no matter the type of group) has a feeling of one-ness that can't be duplicated on a regular cruise.

Even if the cool aft deck stays as planned I bet it will be under-used.

My partner and I don't like huge ships but are glad the F3 is back on.

Was talking with Micheal, the Cruise Consultant on the Pearl on Thursday. He said the F3 will be based in Miami and year round.

While Michael, the Cruise Consultant, may be correct, I would caution you that since this announcement relative to the F3 is very recent I would have serious reservations about believing that he possesses special insight into matters which are decided on the executive level. Too many times we read that a waiter, concierge or even a ship's officer has said something that later turns out to be totally incorrect. That's how rumors start. Not saying that he is wrong, only that his qualifications might be a bit suspect.;)

There might be some very good arguments for basing the ship in Miami and I am sure that the line's top execs will take those arguments into consideration before making their decision, but there could also be good arguments for positioning her elsewhere at least for a portion of the year. Since construction is only now about to get back underway, they have a bit of time before they have to make deployment decisions.

At the keel laying they made it sound like part of the year it would be over in Europe then Miami. Who knows with the new CEO what they will exactly do. Now we can start the name guessing game again. It WON'T have a jewel sounding name though because its a different class.

Too many times we read that a waiter, concierge or even a ship's officer has said something that later turns out to be totally incorrect. That's how rumors start.

Yes, but I get a really good chuckle when I read those "I was told on the ship---" posts which make it sound like a sure thing. So don't completely discourage them ;)

will be nice when they add the F3 online so we can look at booking....:)

They'd have to give out the deck plans to the pax hotel decks. That alone could be interesting and that I can't wait for either. I want to know specifically when in May 2010 it is sailing though because I could be on her maiden voyage if the weeks work out right! :D

The crowd I saw on my last main stream Dawn cruise did not seem the type that would want to dance and party on the back deck until 4AM. No matter where the ship home ports, I just don't think they will pick up an RSVP/Atlantis type crowd each week. (I am not referring to sexual orientation.) A full ship charter, (no matter the type of group) has a feeling of one-ness that can't be duplicated on a regular cruise. Even if the cool aft deck stays as planned I bet it will be under-used. My partner and I don't like huge ships but are glad the F3 is back on.

I don't think the ship will get a fully younger contingent but I do believe it will get more of a partying crowd if NCL plays their cards right. It seems like NCL is going after the higher end party crowd whereas Carnival prides themselves on the lower end of that same spectrum. I can't wait for a "fun ship" from another cruise line that knows how to take care of everything better than Carnival!

A full ship charter does create a one-ness feeling and I do agree with that. I think those charters are great but everyone can experience the fun too! Why should just those charters? We have awesome parties anyway! :p NCL has already borrowed the White Party concept. :D

I can't wait for the F3. It will be the first ship over 115,000 grt that I'll have tried. She'll probably be the only one for that matter too! I couldn't imagine Oasis. I wouldn't see my mother or whoever I'm cruising with for days if we split up! :eek:

At the keel laying they made it sound like part of the year it would be over in Europe then Miami. Who knows with the new CEO what they will exactly do. Now we can start the name guessing game again. It WON'T have a jewel sounding name though because its a different class.

I propose the Norwegian Glamorous! :rolleyes::p:eek:;)

Yes, but I get a really good chuckle when I read those "I was told on the ship---" posts which make it sound like a sure thing. So don't completely discourage them ;)

You do have a point there. I suppose the boards would be far less interesting without them.:D

Archived