Ships Dock?

sunhoney64

Can you tell me which part of the island do the ships dock? I was looking at a map of some of the beached trying to decide which on to head to and they all look beautiful. It looks like there is a West Bay and East End of the island. Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me which part of the island do the ships dock? I was looking at a map of some of the beached trying to decide which on to head to and they all look beautiful. It looks like there is a West Bay and East End of the island. Thanks for your help.

Georgetown.

On the West end Just South of 7-mile Beach

SUNHONEY: Since you're asking these questions, I gather this is your 1st trip there. Since you are totally unfamiliar with Grand Cayman, DO NOT attempt to rent car & drive around island, especially to East End!! You will be in the way! (Why? Utility reconstruction, trucks with bldg materials, people trying to fix their homes, sand all over roads so you can't find lanes, street signs & traffic lights/signs missing, in GC people drive on left side of road, many rental cars damaged/destroyed in flood water, etc. just to name a few reasons.)

If you want to see something, hire a taxi!! For a beach, I suggest you taxi up to 7 Mile Beach which runs north from Georgetown up to West Bay. That area has been prepared for onslaught of visitors from cruise ships.

Archived