Booking a Cruise While on a Cruise?

EastTexans2

On ships where you can do so--and not all ships will allow it--no incentive. Ships which book cruises let you buy a coupon which provides OBC/discounts at more than the coupon cost.

Most would consider that an incentive...buy an $100 certificate and get an additional $100 OBC.

Most would consider that an incentive...buy an $100 certificate and get an additional $100 OBC.

The reason I didn't note that as an incentive is that coupon can be used on cruises you book thru others/after completion of your cruise. I'm using that for a cruise I booked thru my TA. So it's an incentive to book a Carnival cruise..but not necessarily an incentive to book at this very moment

On those certificates, you don't not have to choose the cruise at the moment of purshase. The certificate is basically a deposit towards a future cruise of your choice. With the purchase you recieve an OBC on the future cruise. Keep in mind however, that if you use a military discount like we normally do, you will not receive the OBC. It is not combinable with military discounts.

On those certificates, you don't not have to choose the cruise at the moment of purshase. The certificate is basically a deposit towards a future cruise of your choice. With the purchase you recieve an OBC on the future cruise. Keep in mind however, that if you use a military discount like we normally do, you will not receive the OBC. It is not combinable with military discounts.

What about with past Guest or Residency discounts?

Does Carnival offer any incentive to book a future cruise while you are on a cruise?

They were offering the future cruise certificates on the Conquest in November.You could also book the cruise at that time if you wished. The 100.00 cost of the certificate goes toward the price of the future cruise and you get the obc of 100.00.You have 5 years to use it,and it is refundable.

Our cruise on the Freedom on November 30 08 offered 2 options

1. Book a cruise onboard and get an onboard credit (One Transatlantic voyage for 2009 ( I believe it was on the Dream) was being offered at a great price of less than $1000 inc all taxes etc. PLUS a $400 obc. Other specials were also offered to Hawaii. The benefit of this option was that it also gave you the option of the same discount and OBC being available to family or friends for 2 more cabins. (Think it was limited to 2, but I could be wrong on this #)

2. Buy a $100 certificate, good for 5 years, fully refundable if not used. When you book a cruise in the future the certificate will reduce your cost by $100 plus give you an OBC of between $50 to $200 depending on the length of the cruise. I bought 3 of these to use for future cruises. Downside is that friends or family don't get the same benefit as they do in option 1

They were offering the future cruise certificates on the Conquest in November.You could also book the cruise at that time if you wished. The 100.00 cost of the certificate goes toward the price of the future cruise and you get the obc of 100.00.You have 5 years to use it,and it is refundable.

We got those certificates on our Halloween Conquest cruise.

I wonder if they will have it on Fantasy in February?

I have not seen any special deal on the Fantasy or any of the Carnival ships.

I see you have also cruised on Roy Car. and know they even have a desk set up that doubles as the Crown and Anchor person or they did on the Monarch.

We bought two certificates on our last cruise. We book at the military rate, and were told that we would get the $100.00 toward the cruise, plus the $100.00 OBC.

Archived