Weather and christmas

TEXASMUNK

Listening to the radio, seems like Chicago's O'Hare is getting hit with flight problems due to snow. Milwaukee was shut down earlier today, don't know about now.

Here is hoping those folks traveling through the rough weather make it to their departure ports!!!

Anyone out there impacted thus far?

Listening to the radio, seems like Chicago's O'Hare is getting hit with flight problems due to snow. Milwaukee was shut down earlier today, don't know about now.

Here is hoping those folks traveling through the rough weather make it to their departure ports!!!

Didn't impact my cruise (its not for three weeks) but I had to wake up an hour early this morning to make it to work on time! :eek:

We got like 14 inches of snow today! Everything is shut down! :D NO SCHOOL!

70 degrees here today so no issues here today.:p

But our airport has been shut down at various points this week due to ice at the beginning of the week, fog yesterday, and then a power outage yesterday.

70 degrees here today so no issues here today.:p

But our airport has been shut down at various points this week due to ice at the beginning of the week, fog yesterday, and then a power outage yesterday.

Want to swap houses for a few weeks? :D

Toronto is being pummeled by a huge winter storm today - so far we have about 15cm on the ground and it is still snowing heavily :( My DH drove me into work and was supposed to be picking me up now, but he can't make it here because the roads have not been plowed yet :eek:

Grand Rapids, MI here... over a foot of snow. Everything is shut down. It takes quite a bit of snow to shut things down here.... It tooke me 2 hours to clear the driveway (with a shovel). Good pre-cruise exercise!!!

Hey, I'm here in Lansing, MI! I'm not sure what we ended up getting, but it was 5 inches around 10 a.m. when I checked. I fly out of Detroit next Sunday, so I hope next weekend is better than this one!

It is 80 today in Sarasota but I am flying to Milwaukee next week! yikes! I have also heard there is another winter storm coming mid-week. Good luck cruisers and stay safe everyone up north!

Ohhhh yeah the snow never stops! :rolleyes: FYI Milwaukee is just tons of fun! :D

We are flying out of Philadelphia early Sunday morning to Miami for the Freedom of the Seas Christmas Cruise. Philly had a lot of rain today. Hopefully, it hasn't affected too many flights, or they get straightened out by Sunday. There is a second storm on Sunday, but I think it will arrive later. NY and NJ had snow today. Not sure how their airports fared.

We are flying out of Philadelphia early Sunday morning to Miami for the Freedom of the Seas Christmas Cruise. Philly had a lot of rain today. Hopefully, it hasn't affected too many flights, or they get straightened out by Sunday. There is a second storm on Sunday, but I think it will arrive later. NY and NJ had snow today. Not sure how their airports fared.

If it's a direct flight you might be okay. The problem will be that planes get stuck places they should not be in this kind of weather and pilots can not get to where the plane might be to fly them to where they are supposed to be. So Philly weather might be fine buy you might not have a plane on Sunday. What airlines are you? Check where your plane is coming from and that might tell you a little about your chances. It happened to us once. Now we check the 10 day forecast often and are always ready packed and ready to leave a few days early for FL if the weather might be bad. No way I'm missing my cruise!

Tomorrow we have the 6 AM flight out of Philly on American. Not sure where the flight will be coming from tonight. There might be some snow overnight, but hopefully all flights will make it to Philly on time tonight.

On a related note, M-I-L flew PHL to RDU today on Southwest mid-day. Flight went out on time although there were a lot of people checking in at the same time that we were. We were told there were a number of cancellations on Friday, and people were coming back to try and get on flights.

Good luck to all travelers

Most if not all airlines are currently allowing changes to flights to, from, or through affected areas. If you are scheduled to fly out in the next couple days, call your airline NOW to check the status of your flight. For example, if you are just scheduled to make a connection in the northeast, call and try to get rerouted through Dallas or Houston.

I went through last night to almost every major airlines websites and all but one or two had travel advisories posted on the front of their main page. You can follow those links for information about what they are allowing.

Archived