Visa OBC promo

rcpd807

I booked a cruise a few days ago and used my rewards deposit money from a previous cruise as the first payment. The full payment is due in September of 2009 and the PCC told me I would get an additional $100 OBC if I pay with Visa. She also said I will get $300 OBC for booking now. She sent me an itinerary that says nothing about OBC but it has the following promo codes: DMPP6, PG6, and PGWAVE. Does anyone knows how the heck it works? Should I make a partial payment with Visa? All of my charge cards are Visa. I'd really like to get that $400!! :D

When you say your OBC isn't showing on your itinerary are you actually referring to your cruise confirmation paperwork? Your itinerary won't show anything but your cruise confirmation info (with all those codes) SHOULD show your OBC right below your payment information. If not, I would call your PCC and make sure it's listed. I would never wait until on board to start dealing with stuff like that!

As for the Visa promo - we had to actually use our Visa when we booked (down payment) to get the promo.

Just to be safe I would call your PCC to see about that $300 OBC and make a small payment with your Visa at the same time. That should take care of all your concerns.

Happy cruising!

Hello just to make you aware I did book yesterday directly with NCL on the phone and I was given the visa $100 OBC $150 OBC for booking promo and a $600 MIL discount. Yes that is a total of $250 OBC. Yiippeee!!

This is for an alaska cruise booking July 2010. I know far out but wanted to plan on finances and get the Balcony of choice.

Just give them a call it was very easy for me...

Smiles and Happy Travels,

Patty

What you received is exactly what I'm trying to get my TA to honor. My post is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=896458

My POS TA reneged on the Visa promo after the sale. Stated NCL will not honor both military and Visa promo. I've read numerous posts of both and more being provided.

My TA sold me straight up BS. I am filing with Florida's BBB and Consumer Affairs since that is where this 2008 Agency of the Year :eek: is located :mad:

We recently booked the Star for 4-4-09. On our reservation, it lists the following promo codes: DMPP6, PG6, PGAXOC. PGUP, PGWAVE.

I am not sure what they all mean, but I am sure of the following, we received the union discount (DH has a union pension from a union job in the 70's and 80's), visa OBC ($100 I believe), another OBC credit, ($150.00 I believe) for booking a balcony, we also used a 2 category upgrade certificate provided through Latitudes, used a $500 Compass rewards certificate, and used a $250 future cruise rewards purchased on our last cruise.

I almost forgot to mention. I did not have a visa, my credit card, and debit card were both master card. The offer is also good if you use American express. They just required that I pay $250 with my American express card.

We boooked directly through NCL. They called us on Christmas eve, to make us aware of the promotions.

It seems as though booking through NCL directly allowed combined discounts.

When I booked my upcoming cruise on the Pearl I did not know about the Visa promo my TA told me if I use my Visa card I could get $100 OBC that was in addition to the $300 OBC plus she discounted our cruise $100 and did recieve the military discount on top of all of this. I was one happy camper after I got off the phone with her. This is all listed on my invoice.

Archived