Just off the Destiny this morning!

sunshine4us3

I can't wait to get back on this ship again. Sailed her in 2005. Now she has had a makeover! I will be back on her on the 23rd of Feb!

As far as formal. I have always taken a suite. Between the Wife, Son, and I we come close to the 50 pound limit. I am just taking some nice pants, dress shirt and tie. Like another poster stated... I am on vacation!

I was on the same cruise. I generally agree with the review.

One disadvantage of an older ship is the absence of voice mail. I wanted to leave a message for another cabin. I had to go to the front desk, obtain a post-it message, and then stick my message on the other cabin door. That was a nuisance. I would have liked a refrigerator in my cabin; that was not available.

Nassau and Grand Turk are Atlantic, not Caribbean destinations. The ocean water was cold in December.

One other issue, about which I have posted elsewhere: I saw them loading the juice machines at breakfast. The orange juice was not 100% juice; it was a juice-drink blend which was only 90% juice. Even worse, the apple "juice" was only 10% juice; the guava "juice" was only 5% juice and the lemonade was 0% lemon juice. Most lemonades in your supermarket are at least 10% lemon juice. To me a cruise which departs from Florida should serve fresh squeezed orange juice. At the very least breakfast juices should be 100% juice, even if it is from concentrate. If times are tough, then eliminate other extravagances on board. Don't serve the passengers fraudulent juice.

That grievance aside, I agree with the positive aspects of the original review.

We haven't sailed on anything bigger than the Inspiration and that class ship. If you have sailed on them can you compare the Destiny with them. Trying to get an idea of the ship looking at taking a fall sailing on her.

Thanks!

I will have to have them add vodka to my morning OJ to compensate for the missing real orange juice!!! lol

Archived