Great OBC - Sale

BillPatrice

OP

Why would using a TA be different? Can you not use the AE/Visa Promo through NCL?

Thanks

The Visa promotion is unadvertised, The NCL Promo code is PGVO. We booked directly with NCL and will transfer our reservation to our T/A before final payment.

"Did you book directly with NCL or with a TA? If you booked through a TA, then NCL will not talk to you, you have to go through your TA."

I booked with Cruise411 thru Kayak. I guess that means a TA, right?

"As far as final payment due date, that would have been listed on your reservation confirmation, so check that date."

I couldn't find a final payment due date on my res. conf., but my cruise is in early Feb.

Since I'm paid in full, I don't think I'm eligible for any new promotions. It just sounded like some others managed to get them anyway...?

Got my $500.

We did too, plus an extra $100 for using AMEX. In looking at the codes the nice NCL rep used, w got Past Guest, Mil, $500 and the American Express extra $100. In the end it totaled up to almost $2100 off the standard price of an OS plus the OBC's. No dreaming of the call from the upsell fairy this time;)

Al

We did too, plus an extra $100 for using AMEX. In looking at the codes the nice NCL rep used, w got Past Guest, Mil, $500 and the American Express extra $100. In the end it totaled up to almost $2100 off the standard price of an OS plus the OBC's. No dreaming of the call from the upsell fairy this time;)

Al

Don't ya just love a great deal and OBC !!!:D You can still wish for the upsell fairy to show up----you never know where or when that little fairy might be!!!:rolleyes:

The Visa promotion is unadvertised, The NCL Promo code is PGVO. We booked directly with NCL and will transfer our reservation to our T/A before final payment.

If this is an ongoing promo (and I've heard about it for some time now), do you just get it by paying with a Visa card, or did you need to give the promo code as well? We always book with a Visa, but didn't know we needed to give a promo code or something.

Our final payment date has not passed yet.

If this is an ongoing promo (and I've heard about it for some time now), do you just get it by paying with a Visa card, or did you need to give the promo code as well? We always book with a Visa, but didn't know we needed to give a promo code or something.

Our final payment date has not passed yet.

Making Deposit and Final payment with Visa. Also mention the Promo Code.

Making Deposit and Final payment with Visa. Also mention the Promo Code.

OK, I'll contact my travel agent and see what he can do. We made the deposit with our Visa and plan to use the Visa for the final payment, but didn't know about the promo code or promotion at the time, so I know we don't have OBC.

OK, I'll contact my travel agent and see what he can do. We made the deposit with our Visa and plan to use the Visa for the final payment, but didn't know about the promo code or promotion at the time, so I know we don't have OBC.

Visa Card Special Onboard Credit Promotion

11/1 - 6/30/09 UP to $100 onboard credit per stateroom (Oceanview, Balcony, Mini-Suite, Penthouse, Romance Suite, Courtyard Villa, Owner's Suite and Garden Villa) $50 onboard credit per stateroom for select 3 to 6 night sailings, $100 onboard credit per stateroom for select 7 + night sailings. Booking window: November 1, 2008- June 30,2009. Available Fleet -Wide 2009 /2010

I booked on-line over the weekend thru the NCL website and got a $300 onboard credit. I just now got an unsolicited call from a NCL cruise rep who said she can always give better deals than booking on line. She said she works directly for NCL and can always give me better rates. Is this true or is she just feeding me a line to get my booking?

According to Amex their OBC is only good on cruises to Bermuda, Europe or Alaska........not Carribean or other destinations.

They are correct and it ends on Wednesday!;) Amex $100/pp Booking Window: June 15 - December 31, 2008 (PGAXV) Bermuda anyone?!:)

I'm a bit confused and could use some help. I booked through NCL about 2 months ago for a 12/09 cruise, 7 nights, BA. We received a small past guest discount and 250 OBC. Is there an additional sale/discount we could be getting? I believe I used a visa to secure my down payment, but we didn't receive anything for using that.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

I made by booking online from an internet/phone TA I used for a Princess cruise to S. America/Antartica this past Jan.

This TA was offering $300 OBC on an inside ending 10/31/08 for the NCL Jade Med cruise on 1/04/09. NCL was offering $50 for the same cruise. This was already inside their final payment so I booked it on the last day P-I-F. My docs indicated I was getting the $50 only~ We decided not to sweat it and ask for an upgrade into an AF Dec 24. We assumed from teh info on these boards we'd lose the OBC anyway b/c of the price drop on the AF.

Not only did I get the $300 obc but we got another $200! Obviously I was overjoyed, cause we didn't ASK them for anything but the upgrade and our TA 3 way called it in. I called NCL today and confirmed the OBC.

I guess that breaks all the rules~ We booked AFTER final payment. We didn't ask for anything. We didn't do a rebook. We got the current promotion and the discounted mini rate and finally we got OBC catorgized differently from the promotion but I don't know why~I never look a gift horse in the mouth though, anyway :)

My first NCL cruise and to all those who doubt..It can happen, just don't ask me how or why....just try!

Oh and NO...it's different from the Fuel surchange thing...that's coming too......:p

Are these for specific sailings? I'm on the Star to the Mex Riviera Jan 24 and my TA is now talking to NCL about it and apparently can't get it.

I couldn't get it for my cruise either but they said I would have been eligible if I had paid with an American Express card, rather than Visa.

Just reading this thread about NCL OBC deal...sweet... Can anyone advise me? Booked a cruise thru CRUCON and just have a deposit on it for now. Should I call the TA? or NCL directly (wondering if I qualify?). Also we are using a Visa...so who would I address the OBC using a Visa?

Thanks for the info.

Archived