All seats reserved for friends and family.SEATING ON P&O

kenshaz

The only solution I can think of is booking a sunbed in advance with a maximum occupancy time. Have half the beds which can be booked and the other half which are ona first come first serve basis?

Chris

This is a good idea, and on our first cruise (8 years ago on QE2 in her prime) there was a sun deck where all the beds were reservable for the whole cruise. The attendant tied a label on your bed with your name on it, and would even lay out the towels for you.

Those days have long gone unfortunatly, and the cruising market has gone steadily downmarket over the years.

And we had never heard of chavs either.

David.

That is the perfect solution but it has 1 drawback? there is only so much deck space? reading reviews of Ventura 1 of the biggest critasisms is the sunbeds are far to packed together. How do you suggest they fit more in.

The rest of your post is all correct, most people don't sit in the sun all day but some people put their towels out in the morning and come back in the afternoon, this means those beds are not available for anyone else to use.

In an ideal world it should work, but the world is not ideal and people are selfish.

Chris

But Chris you knew there would be 3000 plus when you booked. At certain times of day it is going to be crowded, but its something you are just going to have to put up with.

But Chris you knew there would be 3000 plus when you booked. At certain times of day it is going to be crowded, but its something you are just going to have to put up with.

I know your quite right. I fully expect it to be crowded and I am quite prepared for it. I only go out in the sun for a couple of hours in the morning normally. If its busy I will go in the afternoon.

My points were on how it could be resolved in the future. The biggest problem being lots of beds not being used because of people reserving them all day with towels and not using them until later.

If you could book a sunbed for 2 hours, you could use it and then someone else could have it for the next 2 hours and so on. A bit like having 2 sittings at dinner I guess.

Does anyone know how many sunbeds they have on Ventura? it would be interesting to know?

I went on last minute 2* self catering holiday to Grand Canaria a few years ago. It was a small hotel full of 18 - 30's. On the first day they told everyone if they spotted anyone putting a towel out and then leaving the pool area the towel would be thown in the pool. "you have been warned" they said. First day a pool full of towels. From then on you could always get a sunbed because no-one put their towels out in the morning, they just used the beds when they needed them. It worked extremely well. In fact all the guests were extremely well behaved because the hotel staff has a 0 tollerance policy on any anti social behaviour.

The friends we holidayed with that year now have kids and go back to the same hotel again and again.

Chris

It was on Oceana about 6 years ago, but only on sea days.

We will see. Like I say my biggest gripe is not the number of beds, its the people saving them so others cannot use them.

Chris

The same thing happens with the other major cruise lines, just read the other parts of this website.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

It was on Oceana about 6 years ago, but only on sea days.

We will see. Like I say my biggest gripe is not the number of beds, its the people saving them so others cannot use them.

Chris

Yes but passengers will be going on excursions ether in the morning or afternoon, there should be plenty of space at those times.

Archived