Dining Question

geospyder

We've only been on a couple cruises and they have all been open seating for dining. We're booked for the Splendor this coming July and they have early and late seating. We chose the late seating. There will be ten of us and I doubt that we will want to have dinner together all seven nights. How does that work? Say a couple of the people want to eat at a place in one of the ports or maybe just grab a slice of pizza at the buffet (I presume the buffet is open during the same time the dining room is?). What happens to those seats? Do they just stay empty for that night? May be a silly question but I won't know unless I ask - is there a penalty for not showing up for your scheduled seating?

We've only been on a couple cruises and they have all been open seating for dining. We're booked for the Splendor this coming July and they have early and late seating. We chose the late seating. There will be ten of us and I doubt that we will want to have dinner together all seven nights. How does that work? Say a couple of the people want to eat at a place in one of the ports or maybe just grab a slice of pizza at the buffet (I presume the buffet is open during the same time the dining room is?). What happens to those seats? Do they just stay empty for that night? May be a silly question but I won't know unless I ask - is there a penalty for not showing up for your scheduled seating?

You cruised on the Ecstasy in 02. That was not open seating. Did you not use the Dining Room on that cruise?

Dan

You cruised on the Ecstasy in 02. That was not open seating. Did you not use the Dining Room on that cruise?

Dan

That was one of those real short (3 day) cruises to Ensenada. There was no early or late seating that I remember - we just ate when we felt like it.

That was also pre-lasik, which means I was still prone to motion sickness. I know the cruise in Tahiti I missed a number of dinners. The cruise we took last May in Hawaii was post-lasik and I had no problem with the motion sickness at all. The up coming seven day cruise to Mexico will be the big test. If I do like I did on the Hawaiian cruise, and have no motion sickness, it is going to open up a whole new world for me.

We always let our waiter/waitress know if there will be less people at the table the next night, just so they know. They don't give the seats to someone else. Sometimes a couple in our group decides to eat elsewhere and we tell the waitstaff when we get to the table as they don't begin to take your order until all are there. Hope this helps, Kaboochi

We always let our waiter/waitress know if there will be less people at the table the next night, just so they know. They don't give the seats to someone else. Sometimes a couple in our group decides to eat elsewhere and we tell the waitstaff when we get to the table as they don't begin to take your order until all are there. Hope this helps, Kaboochi

That makes a lot of sense....will have to remember that with our group.;)

Archived