what car rental at Puerta Maya pier ?

levesque146

Hi Everyone...

We'll be arriving on the Triumph and I do think it's docked at the Puerta Maya pier

I'm looking for information on renting a car right from pier but can't seem to find anything. Can anyone help.....Do we really have to take a taxi to town.

Also how long does it take to go the ruins on the island.

WE NEED THE SUN....0 degree F and 2.5 FOOT of SNOW and it's still snowing:cool:

Thanks in advance....:)

You will find every rental car agency at the pier. I would recommend that you stick with a major US company like National, Avis or Budget...they may be a little more but the cars are reliable and I have had less hassle with them than with local companies. I have always booked on line in advance to lock in a rate if it's reasonable.

You probably already know this but you MUST get their liability coverage...your insurance is not good in Mexico at all so you will pay nearly double the usual US rate for the car but you can give them the keys back and the car in a heap and it wont matter...

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Hi we just came back from our cruise and would like to give you guys an update on car rental at the piers ,..... There were about 4 large rental companies at the exit. They rent the jeeps for 75 us but people we know got them to drop to 55.( everything included except the gas). Driving was good, hardly no traffic on the south side and just abit in town. No bad experience for us.

Hope this helps....if you have any more questions just ask...I'll be glad to answer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived