Stop What You're Doing!

mrtractor

Prayers from Long Island for Steve and his family. I can't even imagine how scared they must all be.....especially not really knowing the Dr.'s that they are putting their trust in. Bless them all.

Please also say a prayer for my Aunt Philia. She was scheduled for next month to have a valve replacement surgery. Last Friday she was having trouble breathing and went to the hospital. Yesterday they moved her from Long Island to Manhattan to NY Presbyterian and they did an angioplasty (sp?) today. She is having more trouble breathing and is in ICU on a respirator now. If she is able, on Friday they are going to do a double bypass and also the valve replacement.

She is in a very fragile state right now, and was obviously not very healthy to begin with. I pray that she is ok after all of this.

Karen, prayers for your Aunt Philia for strength to make it thru this next surgery................Patricia

No word yet. It's only a little after 1pm in HI. I'll let you know what when I hear something.

Thanks for your prayers.

And positive energy helps, too!

terrymtex,

God doesn't differentiate. Keep praying or meditating or whatever you think might help!

I thought I mentioned his wife Michelle in the original note.

MrTractor<--------has been the recipient of a miracle, so he knows they are possible........

I think of Barb often and hope she is doing well...........Patricia

I've talked to his wife Michelle and his daughter who just arrived after 13 hours of flying to get there. It's almost 5pm there and he's still in surgery. As soon as I know something, I'll post it. I told his wife and daughter to call no matter what the time is. I'll try to get some sleep. Try.

Pray hard!

MrTractor<----------believes the combination of good science and sincere prayer is unbeatable.........:)..........

Prayers and angels are being sent from Potomac, MD.

When your friend recovers, tell him next time to take a round trip Hawaian cruise from CA...that way he will not be in the air for as long a time. I hope in the future he will be able to try and see Hawaii again as it is a wonderful place.

I've talked to his wife Michelle and his daughter who just arrived after 13 hours of flying to get there. It's almost 5pm there and he's still in surgery. As soon as I know something, I'll post it. I told his wife and daughter to call no matter what the time is. I'll try to get some sleep. Try.

Pray hard!

MrTractor<----------believes the combination of good science and sincere prayer is unbeatable.........:)..........

Thank you for letting us know last night that he was still in surgery. Prayers continue.

When he can receive mail, I found the address for cards if anyone wants to send one. I may just try to get a card and sign everyones name. Does anyone object to that?

Mrtractor, I will need his last name so if you would rather e mail it to me at: lfoster 0113 at comcast dot net, I'll try to get something out before we go on our cruise.

Straub Trauma Center

888 South King Street

Honolulu, HI 96813

Well, I have filled the inside of a card with your CC names, state or country and your real name if it was in your siggy. So when Mrtractor says I can mail this, I will send it to the hospital.93 separate people so far. Keep the prayers coming. Prayers from all over the world. Thanks for adding Australia aussiecruzer

Steve's daughter called from HI just before Steve came out of surgery. She reported late last night that everything went fine. Whew! They completed the aortal replacement, but have decided to wait to work on the clots in his legs. They are hoping with the improved blood flow that it will take care of itself. Steve will probably be in intensive care for a week or so and maybe longer if they decide to do more surgery. But in any case, it's "so far, so good." He's not out of the woods yet, but he's doing great considering everything.

See!? The combination of sincere prayer, good science and skillful doctors is unbeatable.

I met a wonderful couple on the Pride of Hawai'i in '06, you'll know him as "Spleen" here on CC. He lives on Oahu and heard about Steve's situation. After I emailed him about it, he said he would stop by and bring Steve some flowers. I thought that was really nice and might help boost everyone's spirits.

Now you guys are all sending a card. That's really nice. You might want to mention that his friend Jerry started this on Cruise Critic, just so he'll know where all this came from and he won't be too confused. I won't tell him about it until after he gets it, just so it'll be kind of a surprise!

Thanks for all your prayers, meditations, good thoughts, positive energy and whatever else your faith allows you to send Steve and his family.

Hi, Eric, Diane and Patricia!

MrTractor<---------believes The Man is listening.....;)..........

Steve's daughter called from HI just before Steve came out of surgery. She reported late last night that everything went fine. Whew! They completed the aortal replacement, but have decided to wait to work on the clots in his legs. They are hoping with the improved blood flow that it will take care of itself. Steve will probably be in intensive care for a week or so and maybe longer if they decide to do more surgery. But in any case, it's "so far, so good." He's not out of the woods yet, but he's doing great considering everything.

See!? The combination of sincere prayer, good science and skillful doctors is unbeatable.

I met a wonderful couple on the Pride of Hawai'i in '06, you'll know him as "Spleen" here on CC. He lives on Oahu and heard about Steve's situation. After I emailed him about it, he said he would stop by and bring Steve some flowers. I thought that was really nice and might help boost everyone's spirits.

Now you guys are all sending a card. That's really nice. You might want to mention that his friend Jerry started this on Cruise Critic, just so he'll know where all this came from and he won't be too confused. I won't tell him about it until after he gets it, just so it'll be kind of a surprise!

Thanks for all your prayers, meditations, good thoughts, positive energy and whatever else your faith allows you to send Steve and his family.

Hi, Eric, Diane and Patricia!

MrTractor<---------believes The Man is listening.....;)..........

I'm so glad that you have heard from them and that you got some positive news. My CC friends have all been here for us as we have gone thru these 4 years of nightmare. They have been my loyal support and I love them all for that. I'm sitting here at Reston Hospital using the computer down the hall from his room with tears rolling down my face. I just need some strength to get thru this. He may be moved to rehab facility today, not sure.

The power of prayers is amazing. still thinking of all of you.......Patricia

Archived