Stop What You're Doing!

mrtractor

Prayers from Colorado, Jerry. Just saw this thread. My dad had the same thing a few years back and is doing great, thanks to an incredibly skilled vascular surgeon. Still can't get my mind around how they do it, but thank God, they can.

No word yet this morning from HI. But last night they were a little concerned because Steve was in a lot of pain. The surgeon is going get another CAT scan to see if there is anything going on. Stay tuned for more updates.

That's great news, Patricia. Anytime you can get out of the hospital, it's good. Let the healing continue!

Hi Rummie! Your card is in the mail. Really. I'd like to know more about this operation. I don't know the first thing about it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Cruisefilled New Year!

MrTractor<-------realizes there are a lot of things he doesn't know about and can't control.......that's where the prayer comes in.....:)........

Well, Avis was transferred to rehab this afternoon. When I arrived this morning I was starting to doubt if I should attempt to drive him. I walked in and he had oxygen going as when he got up during the night he must have needed it, they took it off after breakfast and he was ok. This morning he dozed a lot but after lunch he perked up some, so I was still ok with driving him, it was about maybe 6 or 7 miles. 2 nurses brought him down and helped him in the car and at rehab someone came out and got him out of the car, so it worked out ok. When I left tonight he was starting to have some pain but the stronger pain pills had not come up from pharmacy. His nurse assured me that he would give the pain pills to him as soon as they arrived.

We just celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this past June, dated for 6 years ....so in 46 years this is only the second year we have been apart on Christmas Eve....the other was the year he was in Army in Viet Nam, but the children and grandchildren and I will be there with him tomorrow morning.

thanks for all your support and prayers............Patricia

Patricia, I know your visit today with Avis will be hard but he is still here and that is all that counts. He seems to be working toward getting back on his feet just don't let them push you if you aren't comfortable. We aren't nurses and I think sometimes they think we know what they know and all of it will work out. Remind them you aren't a nurse and so this is overwhelming to you.

Enjoy the kids and grandkids today. Glad the family can be together. Praying for Avis

Steve and all the family SEE YOU BACK ON THE OTHER THREAD PATRICIA

I spoke with Steve for the first time since the operation. He was pretty groggy and kind of slurring his words, but it was nice to hear his voice. He said he would be in the hospital for a while. His wife had found a decent place to stay for a while that was fairly reasonable in price. But they won't know how long they'll need to be there for a few more days to see how he progresses.

Thanks everyone! (But don't stop now).......

MrTractor<-------can't do anything more from Virginia, but whatever it was, it seemed to work!........

Well everyone, your card went out today. I don't know how long it will take with the holidays. Hope it gets there before they discharge him.

MrTractor, will he have to cruise back? Maybe one of the cruise lines (maybe the one he was on) will give them a deal or freeby to get him back safely. Also, maybe Amtrak from California.

Norwegian doesn't cruise to or from the mainland, remember?

It'll be a while before he can fly. We just don't know how long.

Thanks for sending the card. We'll be talking every day. I'll let you know when he gets it!!!

MrTractor<-----thinks it'll be at least a week before he leaves the hospital..........

I am a little confused...This link was started to send prayers for Steve out in Hawaii, but now I see posts about an Avis...can someone explain who this person is...I am ready to pray for all those in need.

Avis is Patricias husband and is in a similar situation as Steve. (hello Carol)

Is Patricia related in any way to Steve, or is this a separate family? I was just wondering where all of a sudden there were posts for Avis.

Avis is my husband. I posted the other evening, sending prayers for Steve and his family. I just happened to post that my husband is having a rough time right now, was in ER last Saturday evening and they found he had a blood clot in his leg and having difficulty walking and has been transferred from hospital to rehab. We were on a cruise Oct. '06 when he had a seizure in St. Thomas and we had to get off the ship and fly home for him to have surgery, so I had said how difficult it is to be away from home and have something horrible happen..................Patricia

Hi Sarah! We had a lovely Christmas. The only thing missing was our baby girl (now 22 and living in Charlotte, NC). Thanks for thinking of us and for the quick prayer for Steve. He's doing as well as could be expected. I suppose that we'll know how well in the near future.

I'm not gonna ask you if you had snow for Christmas!

MrTractor<------the only kind of white powder he likes is warm sand!.......:cool:..............

Thanks Patricia for clearing that up....I do hope your husband will, be all right and out of the hospital/rehab facility soon. You are soooo right, it is never easy to have that kind of thing happen when you are away from home. Its bad enough when things happen at home, but at least you have all of your friends, family and known doctors and hosptials around.

Archived