Stop What You're Doing!

mrtractor

I was deeply saddened to hear of Avis's passing. I too, only know of you from our postings here. But I feel a connection to all of the CC community when we share times like this. I know there is nothing I can do to console you at a moment like this, but our prayers are with you and your family.

Steve did not recieve the card before he left the Straub Trauma center. He left the center and stayed in a hotel until he was cleared to fly back. It is supposed to be forwarded to his address in Virginia, but it hasn't arrived yet. He does know about it since Spleen visited him at Straub and told him one would be coming.

Thanks for all your prayers, good thoughts, good karma or whatever you chose to send to Steve. I believe it helped. And I'm guessing most of you do, too! I'll continue to send prayers toward Patricia.

MrTractor<-----doesn't understand His plan, but believes He has one........

I was deeply saddened to hear of Avis's passing. I too, only know of you from our postings here. But I feel a connection to all of the CC community when we share times like this. I know there is nothing I can do to console you at a moment like this, but our prayers are with you and your family.

Steve did not recieve the card before he left the Straub Trauma center. He left the center and stayed in a hotel until he was cleared to fly back. It is supposed to be forwarded to his address in Virginia, but it hasn't arrived yet. He does know about it since Spleen visited him at Straub and told him one would be coming.

Thanks for all your prayers, good thoughts, good karma or whatever you chose to send to Steve. I believe it helped. And I'm guessing most of you do, too! I'll continue to send prayers toward Patricia.

MrTractor<-----doesn't understand His plan, but believes He has one........

Do you know if Straub said they got the card? I sent it in care of ICU. Maybe they don't forward things, just toss them.

Patricia....I am so sorry to read of your loss. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the gallent struggle Avis made to beat his Cancer. I didn't realize that was his problem, I was under the impression he just had the blood clot problem like Steve.

He went through an amazing amount of procedures and probably could not have done it all without you at his side. I know what you mean about him being your life....I met my husband when I was just a teenager and we have been married for 42 years, and I can't remember what it was like before I knew him. He was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis two years ago, and the prognosis they gave him wasn't good, but so far he has stayed stable. I don't even want to think about him not being around. I deeply feel for you.

Mr. T. how is your friend Steve?

This has been a busy week and a half. Planning for Avis's memorial service, phone calls and just trying to keep organized, along with several physical therapy sessions for my sciatic. Family and friends will start arriving today, my brother and his wife arrived late last evening. We have a memorial service here this evening and tomorrow we will travel to Waynesboro for a grave side service followed by a service in the church where he grew up.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers, phone calls and e-mails. You all have been my biggest support thru out this. My children have been great, my daughter has not left my side since Christmas Eve and except for going to work has not gone home. My son even though he cannot be here everyday as he lives further away has called each evening. Thanks for everything.....Patricia

Mr. T. how is your friend Steve?

This has been a busy week and a half. Planning for Avis's memorial service, phone calls and just trying to keep organized, along with several physical therapy sessions for my sciatic. Family and friends will start arriving today, my brother and his wife arrived late last evening. We have a memorial service here this evening and tomorrow we will travel to Waynesboro for a grave side service followed by a service in the church where he grew up.

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers, phone calls and e-mails. You all have been my biggest support thru out this. My children have been great, my daughter has not left my side since Christmas Eve and except for going to work has not gone home. My son even though he cannot be here everyday as he lives further away has called each evening. Thanks for everything.....Patricia

Patricia, prayers going out to you and your family. I am praying for strength, peace, and many good memories for the coming days for all of you.

I talked with Steve yesterday. He said he still had not recieved the card. This makes both of us very sad. He really appreciates your prayers and good intentions. He said he'd try to track it down, but if it never shows up, he wants you to know that he thought it was wonderful of all of you, especially you, cruzinnlovinit!

MrTractor<------thought it was a wonderful thing to do!........

I talked with Steve yesterday. He said he still had not recieved the card. This makes both of us very sad. He really appreciates your prayers and good intentions. He said he'd try to track it down, but if it never shows up, he wants you to know that he thought it was wonderful of all of you, especially you, cruzinnlovinit!

I wish the card had gotten there. Although, he can see all the people that were signed on if he looks on this thread. Angels and prayers work and I think we see proof of that all the time. I am glad Steve got to come back to Virginia. How is recovery going?

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers and words of comfort. We had two beautiful memorial services for Avis. The first one was last Friday evening here locally and the chapel that holds 120 was packed and the over flow of guests were in the parlor of the chapel. That was overwhelming as I never knew we had that many friends. The biggest majority came back here to our home for something to eat. I wasn't sure where we were going to put everyone but it all worked out just fine.

Saturday we traveled 2.5 hours back to our hometown of Waynesboro, Va. for a graveside ceremony and then a second memorial service in the church where he was a founding member and attended in his youth. Both services were taken care of by his uncle and cousin and they did 2 beautiful services.Now it is back to taking care of business and writing thank you notes. So much to take care of but eventually it will get taken care of.

We got our first snow yesterday mixed with rain and freezing rain overnight. No plans to go anywhere today so will attempt to get the house back in order, and write more notes.

I appreciate all your kind words, I'm really missing him, he was the love of my life, I have so many happy memories.....................Patricia

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts and prayers and words of comfort. We had two beautiful memorial services for Avis. The first one was last Friday evening here locally and the chapel that holds 120 was packed and the over flow of guests were in the parlor of the chapel. That was overwhelming as I never knew we had that many friends. The biggest majority came back here to our home for something to eat. I wasn't sure where we were going to put everyone but it all worked out just fine.

Saturday we traveled 2.5 hours back to our hometown of Waynesboro, Va. for a graveside ceremony and then a second memorial service in the church where he was a founding member and attended in his youth. Both services were taken care of by his uncle and cousin and they did 2 beautiful services.Now it is back to taking care of business and writing thank you notes. So much to take care of but eventually it will get taken care of.

We got our first snow yesterday mixed with rain and freezing rain overnight. No plans to go anywhere today so will attempt to get the house back in order, and write more notes.

I appreciate all your kind words, I'm really missing him, he was the love of my life, I have so many happy memories.....................Patricia

My heart aches for you. I will keep you in my prayers, that you will have the strengths to make it through this sad time. May all your fond memories of Avis comfort you. Susan

• 2 weeks later...

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words and prayers. I miss Avis so much, but think of all the wonderful memories that I have of him and us during our wonderful 40 years of marriage. I'm trying to keep busy.

Mr. T, how is your friend Steve doing? This thread seemed to have fallen down several pages and was just thinking of all of you.............Patricia

Patricia, it's good to hear you are keeping busy. Our thoughts are with you.

I see you will be on our November 1 repo from NYC to Miami. I look forward to meeting and saying hello.

Take care and keep in touch.

Barbara

Patricia, it's good to hear you are keeping busy. Our thoughts are with you.

I see you will be on our November 1 repo from NYC to Miami. I look forward to meeting and saying hello.

Take care and keep in touch.

Barbara

Barbara, look forward to meeting you on our Dawn cruise. My daughter Erin is now going with me, on her first cruise. We have a great roll call thread going and have "met" so many wonderful people sailing with us. come on over and join us.............Patricia

here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=781251&page=75

Has Steve seen this thread? If so, he would see all the names on the card he was supposed to get. I feel bad the postal service let us down and they keep raising prices on stamps.

We will be having 62 degrees here today. That is wonderful weather. It has been cold this year here so this is a break we needed. Hope everyone else got a break too. I think Steve should be in the warm today too. I'm not sure how close he lives to me but I am in Virginia also.

Archived