5 in one cabin?

gkrnjlr

Connecting cabins is our only choice now.

I called NCL and spoke with someone who told me that their max occupancy in cabins (other than suites) is now 4. I guess that just recently changed.

That stinks. I was hoping to sail with NCL more often, but with CCL having some cabins where I can still put 5 of us in ONE (less expensive) then we may still be choosing them.

Nonetheless.......

Thank you for your help, everyone.

Connecting cabins is our only choice now.

I called NCL and spoke with someone who told me that their max occupancy in cabins (other than suites) is now 4. I guess that just recently changed.

That stinks. I was hoping to sail with NCL more often, but with CCL having some cabins where I can still put 5 of us in ONE (less expensive) then we may still be choosing them.

Nonetheless.......

Thank you for your help, everyone.

You may still want to check with NCL for connecting cabins. We did this in November on the Jewel. Our rooms were ocean view rooms. Both cabins together cost just under $1000 and that was for 4 adults.

When you talked with NCL did you let them know the ages of the children? Sometimes this makes a difference.

Wow that is a good deal on connecting cabins. I'll definitely check into that.

I did ask about the children's ages and if that would make a difference. He told me that their ages don't make any differences, just that the rule was no more than 4 in one cabin.

Thanks for the info.

We have five as well and have always had to get two rooms on NCL. So far we have always stayed in one room as the kids are small 8, 5, 2. The extra room is just a waste. If we travel with friends or family we will put one of the kids on their room, pay the difference, and they will stay with us.

• 4 years later...
I think that is what I am going to have to do.....call NCL. I've tried several searches with different dates and they are all putting us in a suite. I didn't know that if I called in that maybe they can override it? The youngest still sleeps in a playpen.

We were really interested in Majesty because it sails out of our home port but it didn't even offer a suite on that one. Just got a "no go" type of error message.

Thanks for your help!

We booked 10/2014 on the Norwegian Sun cabin 9131. We have 2 adults & 3 kids, so we are hoping it will be comfortable. Would love to see pics of the room set up for bed with 5 people. We used cruisedeals.com to book & our fares were right at $2000 for Honduras, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel. We are embarking at the Port Of Tampa since it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to travel elsewhere when the port is about 45 minutes away. Friends of our also booked a cabin right around the corner from us as well.

Again, would love to see pics of 9131 or similar set up for bed time with 5 people. I have searched the threads & photo gallery, but have not found what I am looking for. Thanks

I suspect that the mini suites as well as the SC family suites (non haven) would work - I know that the SC family suites will sleep up to 6 and have two separate bedrooms each with a bathroom. On the newer Jewel class ships both minis and SC's are on deck 11.

We are a family of 5 and have the same issues. FYi-RCCL has family OV cabins that sleep up to 6 that are great with a separate alcove with bunkbeds and a lot of space! Another "budget" option is to book a 4 person cabin on the NCL Epic for Mom and kids and have your husband sleep in a studio (which offers a single rate). It really keeps the cost down, gives an extra shower for husband to get ready in the AM and it can be used as a "bunkhouse" to just sleep in. We booked a balcony with a studio nearby, so easy transit cabin to cabin.

I am not sure if you have looked at this but the Star and a couple of others were updated with new SJ Family Suites. I am booked into one of those, it is the lowest category (real)suite and will hold 6. It has one Queen that will separate into two twins, a sofa that folds out into a full and a full sized murphy bed that folds down. Most of them don't have a balcony which might be a plus with younger children, it has floor to ceiling windows instead. The bathroom has 2 sinks, and a separate tub and shower. They are located on deck 12 which is on the same deck with the pool and buffet so that might also be a plus for you.

It might be out of your price range but might be worth looking into to keep all of you in the same cabin and have plenty of room. You would also get all of the suite perks:).

Edited by Mysticks1

Again, would love to see pics of 9131 or similar set up for bed time with 5 people. I have searched the threads & photo gallery, but have not found what I am looking for. Thanks

We'd be interested too. I like this itinerary, but have been looking at Carvinal instead for their plentiful, affordable cabins for 5.

We'd be interested too. I like this itinerary, but have been looking at Carvinal instead for their plentiful, affordable cabins for 5.

check out this thread, it really helped... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38165875#post38165875

I will NEVER sail with Carnival. Yes they are cheap, but there is a reason for that.

Hope that helps :D

I know the original poster has long since sailed, but I want to warn people about adjoining cabins, at least on the Epic. Fortunately, our sons are older, but we thought we would be able to prop open the door between the cabins. It was too high and too heavy. We could barely hear our sons knock on the door when it was closed. I would be afraid that a child younger than five would not be able to open the door by himself.

As I am sure everyone knows, NCL will no longer allow the partitions between balconies to be opened. They would not open the partition for us even in port.

I was very disappointed to see on the Jewel that the only cabins that will fit 5 for our Dec sailing are suites. The others say sold out, so either they sell out really early (there are TONS of rooms available), or it sounds like NCL is no longer making them available?

The suites are really expensive, even with kids sale free- and even booking adjoining cabins is expensive, because now 2 of the kids have to pay the full passenger rate rather than the 'extra' rate (if no kids sail free promo). Plus my sister's kids are very young, so the adjoining cabin isn't ideal.

If they do come with us, we might put one of their kids into our cabin so that the family doesn't have to book a suite, but it isn't ideal. I'm not sure he'd want to sleep away from his parents, and I'm not sure there is really room for him to put a pallet on the floor of the family room to sleep in. Maybe if we take all their luggage into our cabin, we can give them the kid back...

I wish there were more non-suite options for large families.

check out this thread, it really helped... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38165875#post38165875

I will NEVER sail with Carnival. Yes they are cheap, but there is a reason for that.

Hope that helps

We've found Carnival to be an excellent product. Huge standard rooms, great service, decent food, lovely ports. We want to try something new, but I would sail them again for sure.

Edited by skittl1321

• 1 year later...