REVIEW OF iMAGINATION 12/8/08 AND LIBERTY 12/13/08

lennel

Flew int MIA on 12/5/08 stayed with my Family, went to the port on 12/08 with my wife his son and girlfriend. Embarkation was a breeze on the ship and in my cabin in 20 minutes. Went on deck for the sailaway had a great time, this was the first time we were on the carnival dvd from the start. First Night dinner was great we had Mario and his assistant, they were very much on top of things. On the welcome abord show my wife was picked it was hillarious, let me say Skip was a great cruise director. @nd day Keys were OK went shopping for aound an hour then back to the ship for the slide and fun on deck, Captains party was fun had about 8 screwdrivers, my wife does not drink so i was getting doubles each time. Food was great had 3 lobster tails and prime rib on formal night. In Cozumel we reted a car with full coverage from Less Pay rentals right outside the dock, it is american owned and even met the owner and got an upgrade Jeep with full coverage 0 deductable 52 dollars total. cruised the island Did Mr. Sanchos then drove to Cocnuts our favorite had a drink on the cliff overlooking the Ocean, My son did the speed boat and he liked it. last day at sea it was bad weather so we gambled and broke even. All in all it was very fun, danced in the clubs every night and ate like there was no tommorow. my ratings on a 0-5 scale are

Room Steward-5

waiter-5

Cruise director-5

shows-5

embark and debark-5

Grabbed a cab to the Intercontinental which I booked through Hotwire at 89.00 for the night, visited with my daughter at bayside, woke up for part 2 of my vacation.

Liberty.

Nice ship, embarkation was good, lifeboat drill was run poorly, I was disapointed with the lack of Maint. on the lounge chairs 50 percent were broken and they were cheaply made of Plastic, the Imagination were metal and newer, also our tv was not a flatscreen like in the imagination. I also was not impressed with Steve the Cruise director, He was more interested in his crew than the people, all I saw them do was make crack phone calls on there Daily Tv show and hang up on guestrooms if they dialed wrong, I was also disapointed that on my anniversary night they closed the only club on the ship for an employee party. This was not right we complained but guest services did not care. food was very good our waiter Remy was slow but very acurate, he was a pleasure our room steward kept evrything nice the shows were very good, first night the commedian missed the ship. but the had a guy do a tribute to Frank Sinatra and sammy davis this was excellent. Overall had a good time this was my 9th cruise with Carnival, My next one I will be going back with RCI on navigator or similar. ratings

ship -5

deck chairs -1

food-5

waiter-5

shows-4.5

room steward-5

cruise director and staff-2

Embark and debark-5

Archived