First time cruiser review of Carnival Glory, western itinerary, Dec.13-20 (with pictu

Heidi n Lauren

I wans't a big fan of Nassau, I've never been to Half Moon Cay but I bet that would be a nice relaxing day. Better than the praying I don't get hit by a car day I had in Nassau!

Half Moon Cay is a beautiful beach, I think it is Carnivals Island.They do a BBQ on the beach, no cash needed,any extras just use your sign and sail. I dont care much for Nassau, usually just stay onboard

Thanks so much for your review! It's so helpful! I have been pondering the Tequilla beach day. We will have our 11 year old daughter. Just wondering if there were many older kids and if you think it would be ok for a kid there?? We have a beach/snorkel tour booked for Nassau too, so I'm not sure if we should do those back to back. So I'm still pondering. You seemed to really enjoy Tequilla beach...so your kuddos help, thanks again!

Thanks so much for your review! It's so helpful! I have been pondering the Tequilla beach day. We will have our 11 year old daughter. Just wondering if there were many older kids and if you think it would be ok for a kid there?? We have a beach/snorkel tour booked for Nassau too, so I'm not sure if we should do those back to back. So I'm still pondering. You seemed to really enjoy Tequilla beach...so your kuddos help, thanks again!

There were a few kids there. They had some kayaks that were included in the all inclusive, the kids seemed to like paddling those around. They didn't have any other water toys though. They did have jet skis available to rent. I believe the cost was about $60 for an hour for two people.

Happy New Year to you as well. I'm glad you enjoyed my review, I enjoyed writing it, kind of like living it all over again!

good review...maybe next time in Nassau you should head to the Sheraton or someplace for the beach,we loved it there!!!

Now you will have to start some threads on the Freedom sailing!! See you there

good review...maybe next time in Nassau you should head to the Sheraton or someplace for the beach,we loved it there!!!

Now you will have to start some threads on the Freedom sailing!! See you there

I'm sure there is plenty to do and see in Nassau, next time I think a beach is just what we will do. See you in 2010!

Very nice review! Hated to see all that snow you had to go back to as I'm sure you were as well!! :eek: I use to live in Central NY so I know what you were facing!! So glad I live in Central FL now!! Happy New Year everyone!!

Karen, FL :cool:

I used to dream about moving to Florida to get away from the cold, but we met some people on the cruise who live in Florida and told us about all the snakes and bugs and creepy crawlies down there. There is no way I'm getting Lauren to move there now!

Oh, and Happy New Year to you too!

We just got back from the New Years cruise on the Glory. We also really enjoyed the Tequila Beach all inclusive excursion. We bought ours at the port from one of the locals who was hustling tickets. I think we paid $75 for 2 passes and 2 snorkeling tours. I thought that was a great deal. We definitely thought we got our money's worth. The snorkeling was nice and just a short pontoon boat ride away. The guide as was already reported pretty much just said follow me and off we went. This place was the highlite of our cruise though. The only complaint I had was the waitstaff had trouble keeping up with the demand on the beach. We tended to just go to the bar. Tip him early and he will take care of you.

We just got back from the New Years cruise on the Glory. We also really enjoyed the Tequila Beach all inclusive excursion. We bought ours at the port from one of the locals who was hustling tickets. I think we paid $75 for 2 passes and 2 snorkeling tours. I thought that was a great deal. We definitely thought we got our money's worth. The snorkeling was nice and just a short pontoon boat ride away. The guide as was already reported pretty much just said follow me and off we went. This place was the highlite of our cruise though. The only complaint I had was the waitstaff had trouble keeping up with the demand on the beach. We tended to just go to the bar. Tip him early and he will take care of you.

Our waiter did slow down a bit once the beach got crowded (around 2:00pm) but by then we were ready to slow down. It was nice that the beach was so empty for most of the day. I'm guessing as Costa Maya continues to regrow it wil get busier and busier. There were 2 ships in port the day we were there and one didn't get there until late in the morning.

Thanks for your helpful info SueEm. We haven't booked Tequila beach. We planned on waiting until we got on ship...but after reading your message, we may wait until we get to the port. Is there someone or something in particular that I should look for in order to buy these hustled tours? Did you have to prepay or provide your own transportation?

• 1 month later...

Archived