Swim with Dolphins in Belize ?

IMSAILING

I normally just use this site for research and Im not even sure how to come back to this and look if anyone responds (sorry)... anyway!

I went on this excursion in May of 2007 through carnival on the Glory. I looked that the list and its not on there anymore.. It was done at the HUGH PARKEY'S ADVENTURE LODGE. We were taken directly to the island breifed on the island and the conservation they do. Loved this place (i'm going back this May on the glory again :) ) Back to the dolphins they were in a beautiful lagoon set away from the main island, only one cage was used (way in the back) they had 4 dolphins at the time (Ronnie a youngster in training was ours) the other 2 dolphins were in the cage with their trainers while the encounter was happening.. 2 groups of us about 18 people total each assigned to a dolphin and a trainer. The staff was soo friendly and into the conservation and protection of the dolphins NOT about rididng on their dorsal fins or noses.We stood next to the dolphin the entire time he swam by alot and we each pet him posed with him.. learned about his individual personality.... I loved it, got a dolphin kiss picture and learned alot. Not for you if you want to be pushed around or pulled by them.. .

Archived