Spa/ romance package

danielle1458

My Fiancee and I are cruising on the Dawn towards the end of January. We were looking into doing one of the romance packages. Is it really worth it? Or are we better off to wait and book once on the ship and try to take advantage of a discounted spa day while at sea?

Any information would be greatly appriciated. Below is the package we were thinking about:

Deluxe Honeymoon / Anniversary Package - $229 per stateroom

" Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom on embarkation day

" Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening

" Complimentary sparkling wine and cake party

" A keepsake photograph

" Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

" Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice

" Two 25-minute Mandara Spa® half-body Seven Seas Massages

You can do better on board for the spa. Take the spa tour before the ship sails. Just go to the spa area and they will "guide" you to the tour. During and after the tour you can sign up and get discounts on different services that interest you. No pressure selling, just informative tour of what the spa has to offer.

As far as the Romance Package, we did the $79 package on Pearl 12/7 sailing. It is worth the money IF they they would be on time with things. The sparkling wine and strawberries that should be in your cabin when you arrive, did not get there until Tuesday! We never got around to drinking the wine and ultimately carried it off the ship and gave it to my niece. I have read other postings with similar experience.

The canapes were in our room on Thursday when we returned from port after having a big lunch.

Le Bistro was excellent and we "upgraded" our wine at the dinner. The cake they provided came after this meal and was not very good and really not practical since most people will have dessert with their meal. Never saw the sparkling wine that came with this "cake party".

Don't mean to sound like a complainer because we really aren't hard to please, but they kinda screwed this one up from the beginning. Having said all that, I would give them a second chance and try it again because IF they get it right, it is a nice touch and would be a good deal for the money.

Bill

My understanding is that there is a champagne & cake party on the first sea day (?) for everyone who purchases the package. I got it for our anniversary cruise on the Spirit (1/4) so I will let you know how it goes. I figure economically LeBistro costs $40 for two people, and the two bottles of wine probably go for at least $15 a bottle, so right there that is $70 and then you get the food and photos on top of it! To me it is def worth the price

On the GEM this summer everything was as described in the Romance Package--sans spa. We were on a very port intensive cruise, so I knew I would not have time for the spa anyway.

Champagne and strawberries in the room when we arrived, canapes were the afternoon of my choice, as was dinner. Didn't "upgrade" the bottle of wine at dinner. It was good, and I am quite picky about my wine. The "upgrade" choices were slightly better, but not worth the extra $ IMHO. Also I didn't finish the bottle at dinner and they put my name and a id # on it, and I was able to give my claim ticket the next night at dinner (different restaurant too!) and enjoy it a second night as well.

I also didn't go to the champagne and cake party--since I had gotten the "romance" package for myself and dragged my teenage son to dinner at LeBistro:eek: (not that he minded--he said the meal was the best he had in his life--so much for my cooking!).

I did hear that others who did not go to the cake party, still got a pic of their choice. Also didn't bother--there weren't any pics that I felt were worth bringing home.

Maybe it's different on the Dawn--but I'll find out when I go in June, because I plan on getting a romance package again!

I also didn't go to the champagne and cake party--since I had gotten the "romance" package for myself and dragged my teenage son to dinner at LeBistro:eek: (not that he minded--he said the meal was the best he had in his life--so much for my cooking!).

I did hear that others who did not go to the cake party, still got a pic of their choice. Also didn't bother--there weren't any pics that I felt were worth bringing home.

Maybe it's different on the Dawn--but I'll find out when I go in June, because I plan on getting a romance package again!

They have an actual cake party? Wow. Guess we missed that one too. We did get a cake with our Le Bistro dinner but that was it.

Bill

Archived