Rhapsody vs. Voyager??

We have done a family cruise on the Voyager last year & loved it. This year we are considering the Rhapsody out of Galveston because we can drive down & save $$ not having to fly. For those of you that have done both ships, do you think we will be disappointed in the Rhapsody after having sailed on the mega class ship? Do you think there will be enough to keep the kids entertained...they are 18 & 13 at time of sailing. Thanks for any input!

We were on the inaugral sailing of Voyager and had a great time. The ship was a little big for me but the rest of my family loved it. We just got back from Rhapsody 4/11 and loved it as well. It was just the right size for me.
Although there isn't as much to do, there is always something going on and we tell our 16 year old daughter the cruise will be fun as you make it.
I don't think you would be disappointed just realize the ship is older and smaller.
I would go on both of them again

I agree with littlelulu. While I haven't been on the Rhapsody, the Enchantment is the also a vision class. I enjoyed both of the ships very much. I also agree that a cruise is whatever you make of it. The crew, ship, food, all play a small part, but most of it is up to you anyway.

Sovereign 2/2000
Voyager 3/2002
Enchantment 3/2003
Serenade 2/2004

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Explorer of the Seas 2/27/05

I think it basically comes down to how large a part the facilities that are on the Voyager and not on the Rhapsody played a role in your vacation. If the ice skating rink, in-line skating track, ice show, etc. are important to you then you are likely to be disappointed with the Rhapsody since they will not be found there.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Archived