blackbeards beach break w/ stingray

tiffytutu99

Has anyone done this excursion in Nassua? Our cruise starts next weekend and I'd like to book this excursion but they don't have this port listed in the book excursions link on carnivals website. Our ports are San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassua. So I guess we'll have to book on the ship. I've thought about booking Atlantis aquaventure but $150 pp is too expensive for 4 ppl for 5 hrs!! So, my next choice is Blackbeards w/ stingray. If you've done this let me know if its worth it. Also, any idea why carnival won't let us book Nassua excursions?

We did this excursion in April on the Imagination and it was good. We had our granddaughters 9 and 11 with us and it was just right for them. You walk right from the dock in Nassau onto the boat that takes you to Blackbeards. It's a nice ride thru the harbor, further than I thought it would be, but great views of all the ships docked. You get to Blackbeards, and head right for the stingrays. They will give you fish to feed them and you will have the opportunity to have a picture taken ($$) holding one. Then you have time to swim, have lunch (we had chicken sandwiches which were quite good) with chips and a soda in a covered pavillion out of the sun. Local women have craft tables set up there with lots of jewelry to sell which we thought was nicer than the Straw Market. When our pictures were ready they came looking for us and the girl gave each of our girls a Bahamas penny which they thought was very interesting. There is a bar where you can buy foo-foo drinks if you like and some tacky souvenirs in a small shop. We also found the restrooms to be nice and clean. Have fun if you decide to take this excursion.

Beach is o.k. with a roped off area. Water is clear. Sting rays are in a confined area. You will walk out into the water as a group and line up. The instructor will come by with food in a bucket, hand some to you, and then the sting rays will come up to you and eat it. Then, they will take photo's of you if you wish with the instructor holding the sting ray.:rolleyes: In my opinion, it wasn't worth it. Keep in mind that chair, float rental is extra as well.:(

I'm not a big fan of ship tours. I prefer to do my own thing. We did the Blackbeard's thing for the other couple we went with. If you have small children, they will probably enjoy it. To me, it seemed like going to a "petting" zoo in the Caribbean!

If you like the beach, you can take a water taxi to Paradise beach. (same beach that Atlantis uses, and there is free public access, but facilities are limited. (restrooms, snacks...) Its a beautiful beach, and would be much cheaper for your group of 4 than Blackbeard's tour. The beach will have waves though.

If you want a beach with facilities like jet Ski's, bar, food..., go to Cable Beach. It's a short ride and if you want to save money, you can catch public bus #10 and it will drop you off right there. It's in the hotel zone and you can gain access to the beach via any hotel. The beaches are all public, and the hotels have no problem letting you through their lobbies.

Good luck and if you want more info, you can go to the port of call thread for Nassau here on CC:)

Archived