Review Pride 12/7-12/14

katt

I meant to write a quick review as soon as we returned but with birthday's and Christmas I am just now getting around to it.

I will make this short as I know a lot has been written but there were a few things we found very helpful.

Thank you to all who recommended early check in at the Queen Mary it worked perfectly. We got there around 10:30 I think and were checked in and directed to Zone 1. We waited outside for about 30 minutes and then were directed inside where we waited in line about another 30 -45 or so minutes. We were on the ship and eating around noon or so I think. I just did not seem bad at all.

The weather the first day out and last day was pretty cold especially the last day. It was too cold and windy to be outside at least for me. However thanks to this board we were prepared for it so no biggie. We saw many people in shorts and tank tops and a number mentioned they had no idea it would be so cold. The second sea day was warmer and we were outside quite a bit.

The ports were quite warm but pleasantly so and warm enough that we used the water slide on all of the port days. A highlight for us is we saw porpises (sp?) twice from the ship, which we never had before which was fun. The first time was as we were leaving Cabo and on the last sea day.

We ate at David's and really enjoyed it. This time they did not serve any sorbet between courses and no truffles after dessert. Both of which were a good thing as there is so much food we were uncomfortably stuffed and rolled on out of there.

Debarkation was a bit of a pain as the escalator in down to where the baggage is was broken and you had to walk down or use the elevator. They stopped calling numbers for an hour trying to get it fixed and get the people who had already been called out of there. However we were #14 and on the road by 10:15 so not too bad.

It was a very nice week. If anyone has any questions just ask and I will try to answer them.

Brenda

This was our third time in each of these ports so we mainly shopped. In previous years we did the boat excursion from the ship on Cabo that went around the other side of Lover's beach and just cruised around we liked that quite a bit. Also in Cabo one year we did a beach type thing did not like that as well as water in Cabo that year in June was very rough and we just had chairs in front of a restaurant. In Mazatlan a few years ago we did a tour to a beautiful hotel and used their beach and facilities very very nice. Sorry I cannot remember the names of either of these tours.

For us the weather was too cool to go to the beach but did see quite a few on the various beaches although not in the water so much. However being from the desert we like it hotter to swim.

If you have any other questions I would be glad to try and answer them.

If anyone wants a great tour go with Mazatlan Frank... awesome time....

In Puerto Vallarta we did the zip lining at Los Veranos..not through the ship.. It is an experience never to be forgotten! Cabo we paid 10$ a person and did the glass bottom boat.. wouldn't pay more for it. It is nice and something different having been there 4 times... Never quite make it passed Cabo Wabo the other times! :)

Archived